SES_Zabir

How to share your Astroneer crash report

Ive just bought the game. I am having trouble on XboxOne, I just cannot load my saves. Just takes me back to main screen "A".

If you cannot save and load, whats the point?

I can launch the game just fine, but usually after a few minutes it will freeze. It will continue playing any sound, such as music, or drilling, but i will not be able to interact with the game at all.  i can not switch to it from another tab, and i have tried waiting for it to unfreeze, but to no avail. At one point, i was able to play the game for about an hour, but it still did crash. Recently, this has started making the game unplayable, as i can barely get anywhere before it freezes. Help?

2 minutes ago, TheScienceGuy120 said:

I can launch the game just fine, but usually after a few minutes it will freeze. It will continue playing any sound, such as music, or drilling, but i will not be able to interact with the game at all.  i can not switch to it from another tab, and i have tried waiting for it to unfreeze, but to no avail. At one point, i was able to play the game for about an hour, but it still did crash. Recently, this has started making the game unplayable, as i can barely get anywhere before it freezes. Help?

Literally the same problems m8. I hope they can fix it soon because the game is amazing so far. I just want to play more and I can't sadly. Also I get this weird error when I load save files all my back pack items are floating a few feet of the pack, just removing them and replacing them fixes it so nothing major just thought I'd mention it. Thanks for everything so far keep up the excellent work SYSTEM ERA!

DxDiag.txt

I don't even have a saved folder. Game is crashing every so often (10-20 minutes). :(

Also, when I re-join my friends game it doesn't let me load with the same character, makes me start over again.

Edited by WeeChaza

49 minutes ago, Zaffre said:

Ive just bought the game. I am having trouble on XboxOne, I just cannot load my saves. Just takes me back to main screen "A".

You can save, the game saves when you get back in the pod.

50 minutes ago, Zaffre said:

It's early access.  You just have to be patient until the bugs get worked out and more features are added.  Play and report, don't complain.  As WeeChaza said, saves work, just select the pod you launched previously.

Edited by scottpageusmc

I'm having the same problem of a quick lock up after landing on the planets surface. The OP's directions for finding the logs are off for me. the path to steam is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\ASTRONEER Early Access\Astro\ And then there is no logs folder, just Bianaries and Content. This is Windows 10, auto0updated. AMD quad core with an Nvidia 1060.  

DxDiag.txt

Firstly love the game. . Keeps crashing intermittently when play on friends multiplayer Xbox one .Also won't allow me to join tethers when join friends multiplayer also . 

Edited by Robertvf1980

I haven't been able to play because the game crashes and sends me back to the dashboard every time I try to start or load a game. Even after this past update on the Xbox one. The game is completely broken and won't go past main menu, is anyone else having the same problem? 

4 hours ago, WeeChaza said:

You can save, the game saves when you get back in the pod.

I know that. It is when I quit the game (XboxOne) and come back later, it will not load my previous save.

And for scottpageusmc, with respect. I know its early access and there will be bugs.

Play and report, don't complain..... yes that's why I played and reported. "If you cannot save and load, whats the point? ".. That's not a complaint, that's a question.

As far as I am concerned this game is a welcome breath of fresh air for me. That's why after the demo I bought it, So I could support the people doing all the fine work.

I hope they are well rewarded for their efforts.

Ok so my game hasn't actually crashed but it will often freeze and become unplayable. The sounds of the game continue but the frame just doesn't update what could I do?

3 minutes ago, Concatrious said:

Ok so my game hasn't actually crashed but it will often freeze and become unplayable. The sounds of the game continue but the frame just doesn't update what could I do?

i'm having the same problem. no fix yet :/

so my game has actually started freezing and sometimes crashing more often recently than before which is not good. could the developers please work quickly to add more graphics settings to allow people to optimize the game for themselves.

Screenshot (2).png

Sent in a pile of logs for crashes that just seem to randomly(?) happen as I'm running around. Like, out of the blue, bam, quit to desktop, and popup of the eu4 log sender window. Which, I always send in, but ... is it really sending that in? If so, why do we need to zip them up and email them in as per this forum post says? Confusing. Also, the path to the logs is not in steamapps, its in your user/appdata/astro folder.

On 12/12/2016 at 11:32 PM, SES_Zabir said:

waytogo.jpg

Windows Store / XBOX UNO: Si usted está jugando en Xbox Uno o la versión de Windows de la tienda del juego, ya tenemos un proceso de carga del volcado de bloqueo a través de la infraestructura de Microsoft.

VAPOR: Si le gustaría ayudarnos en la parte frontal de vapor haga lo siguiente:

1. Vaya a la carpeta de instalación de los juegos de Steam '. (... \ Steam \ SteamApps \ Common)
  2. A partir de ahí desplazarse a donde Astroneer vuelca a cabo los registros de accidente. (... \ Steam \ SteamApps \ common \ Astroneer \ Astro \ Guardado \ Logs)
  3. Comprimir la carpeta de registros más recientes y enviarlo a apoyar [AT] systemera.net.
    1. Si esta carpeta es demasiado grande, utilice los sellos de fecha y hora para copiar el archivo de registro y el archivo de minivolcado que cree que está asociada con el accidente que está experimentando.
  4. También le recomendamos que nos envíe su configuración de hardware en el mismo correo electrónico.
    1. Oprima la tecla de Windows + R para abrir la ventana de ejecución.
    2. Escribir "dxdiag" y haga clic en OK.
    3. En el cuadro de diálogo que aparece, haga clic en "Guardar toda la información ..."
    4. Guarde el archivo de informe HW alguna parte.
    5. Envíenos el archivo de informe HW.
  5. Una vez que nos haya enviado el archivo zip, no dude en despejar esta carpeta para no confundir a los registros futuros con los pasados.
  6. Hacer un nuevo post en los foros que describen la caída similar a errores de información .

When I start playing, the game is stuck and it takes a long time to get in, when I'm playing, the same happens the same time and it does not let me open the task manager to finish the game process. And the textures are always to the maximum and inside the game I can not change them. Very good game, greetings!

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 7:23 PM, Hornet said:

If yesterday I was able to play for 15 minutes, today ...max 1-2 minutes

Xbox

I can't join my Friends Game. It crashed directly. All the time. 

But my friend can join my game with out any Problems. 

I tried everything. New installation. Delete other savegames.

Can anybody help? 

Edited by Dero

2 hours ago, bdoot said:

There are no save logs in any of my folders. My game keeps crashing.

DxDiag.txt

Could someone please edit in the first post how to find savegames and logs?

For the records, they are in (copy-paste that in the explorer navigation bar and press enter):

%APPDATA%\..\Local\Astro\Saved\

There you'll find both.

Edit: the path will resolve into something like

C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Astro\Saved

if you prefer to go that way

Edited by thoastbrot