SES_Zabir

How to share your Astroneer crash report

2 hours ago, Ad-Man-Gamer said:

Hey guys,  If you are getting crashes, try and install and run SteamVR, and run it before you start the game (Even if you don't have VR).

There is some weirdness going on with the Unreal Engine at the moment thinking this is a VR game that some of us Vive and Oculus users have picked up on.

i did install the SteamVR, didn't fix it for me.

I had  few game crashes both involving the truck. In multiplayer once i made the truck i lagged for about 3 mins and then my game crashed. And when i was playing single player i went to recharge my truck and it lagged then crashed. This was both on the XBone

1 hour ago, Ad-Man-Gamer said:

you do not want the test. Look in tools and see if you can find SteamVR. if not, try Downloading the vive drivers.

Tried that and get the same results.

5 hours ago, Proxy said:

i don't even have that Log Folder.

because the Game doesn't actually Crash, it just Freezes and i have to use Task Manager to Close it.

the Worst part, there is NO, really, NO Indicator what Causes this, my Game can run Fine for like 30min. and then *bop*, Freeze without a Warning.

The only thing I've been able to determine is that I was fine for a long chunk of time if I didn't have Twitch running on my second screen. I'm still in the same boat if I do though. And no Crash log because it Freezes.

My game opens well, but after 20-30 minutes of gameplay, it freezes. It can be in any situation, I do not know because of the exploit or because of my computer, that meets the minimum requirements. The screen freezes, the music and sound effects continue, then only the sound effects continue. I did not find a log page, but I am sending an email to DxDiag, the error and my settings.

Xbox One Version:

I'm having a frame rate issue which seems to be related to the bug where you attach tethers to your base and log off and after logging back on they are detached(not showing blue connection line), when players picks up the tether that is unconnected there is a massive fps hit( down to about 1 frame a second). I tried to put them back in my bag, but game crashed to xbox one dashboard. Also massive frame rate drops when driving rover/truck pasted connected tethers.

16 hours ago, Louzy said:

3-4 minutes it crashes and i cant even close it....

This is the same for me, I have an AMD 6300 and a Sapphire nitro r9 380 with 16gb ram.  It works okay sometimes, getting a max of 30fps at best. The moment i build something else beside the pod/tethers, the game drops fps into the teens, and if I mine at the same time or try and just walk around or even view my backpack while playing, it drops the fps into the 1-4 range. I don't have any save folders from the steam version because the game has never crashed, it just doesn't respond and i have to close the window, so it doesn't allow it to.

Game crashes in multiplayer if you are not the host and the home base has to many platforms. (7-10 typically). What we have tried is right away don't build anything you don't need to be able to find the research of the habitat and eventually build a base far from the original. This allowed us to join back into the world if we did crash but if you approached the new home base sight with a good amount of pads at that sight the game would once again crash.  Happens each time we approach the new base that has 7-10 platforms.

so i saw on steam ' 3. Crashes that occur very soon after loading the game with AMD processors, selecting character, getting out of droppod, etc. ' but i have intel and i have the same issue

18 minutes ago, chris45724 said:

so i saw on steam ' 3. Crashes that occur very soon after loading the game with AMD processors, selecting character, getting out of droppod, etc. ' but i have intel and i have the same issue

same here

33 minutes ago, chris45724 said:

task manager says that the windows-64x-shipping stopped responding... but astroneer says its responding... don't know if that will help you SES devs

I'm not actually crashing. The game just freezes (though audio keeps playing) and I'm forced to windows task manager > end process it. So no crash logs.

But I have found the problem to be systematic. My first game was stupidly freezetastic. Especially if I used the flatten tool. Was lucky to go 5 minutes without freezing.

I started another game and the freezes became much less frequent.

Freezey game was on a blueish map. Non-freezy game was on a green / lush map.

Freezey game also had a crashed ship closer to my base, which I mention because one of my freezes on the better map was as I approached a ship.

Can`t start the game either.

Win 8.1 pro

i5 2300

gts 450

4gb ram

It always says : Microdoft Visual C++ required

but if I install it it still says it but the I can only uninstall it because it has already been installed... pls help if you can otherwise I need to exchange it.

Copied from my Steam forum post to this thread:

OS: Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_ltsb.160930-0600)
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6820HQ CPU @ 2.70GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 530
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
RAM: 16384MB RAM
Steam/Xbox: Steam
Control Type: mouse/keyboard

I am having the same issue before and after the hotfix. This issue occurs for both Windowed and Fullscreen mode.

The game starts up, the system era splash happens, a loading screen comes up with spinning planets, which stops for a second then music plays and the Alpha Welcome Message comes up with a spinning icon at the bottom. A mouse with left click appears at the bottom over the spinning icon and at this point the game is unresponsive, however, the circle mouse cursor still can move. It is shown as not responding in task manager and has to be killed using task manager.

I also created this thread with a screenshot of where the game freezes:

DxDiag.txt

22c96594569807222f8f1a0ad282ed19-2016.12.16-16.34.36.analytics

Xbox One: My game crashed just simply sitting on the main menu screen too long. I stepped away and when I came back and picked up the controller the game just froze and made the death groan sound and I was returned to dashboard 

Hi.

So I first started the game and everything worked. I had very low FPS, but it was playable. Then I saved the game and restarted Steam. First I launched the game and got to the menu, where you can choose you savefile. I chose mine and then the early access window appeard. But from this point I couldn't do anything. I waited 10 minutes but nothing happend and I had to close the game with the task manager. I have the game on steam and play on pc.

cpu: amd fx6300

gpu: gtx 960, 4gb vram

I have the latest update installed, but it still doesn't work.

I included a screenshot, showing the point from wich I can't do anything but close the game.

Unbenannt44.JPG

The new update helped the resolve the freezing problem. Before i was happy to play 5 minutes before it freezes, and now i played 20 minutes and i stopped by myself because i'm out of time today.

Hello. the thing is ...if i do not write a startup parameter "-nosound"
then my FPS drops to 0, but I can minimize it and close the game..if enter this parameter, all works fine .. maybe someone can suggest what the problem is - just noticed that this problem is associated only with the games on Unreal Engine 4

P.S. I am writing in english badly ... so please excuse

DxDiag.txt