SES_Zabir

How to share your Astroneer crash report

i keep falling through the ground if i walk or if im mining and then i am heading for i cave and if i fall in de cave i'm dead and lost everything but cant get it back because its under me

My friend and I will start playing on his world and my game freezes up  after playing for a while. Then I get kicked back to the main menu. I don't have to take any extra steps. I just join in for a short period and get kicked.

We both play on xbox one.

In Xbox one edition, if you move too far away from your base and die, you will clip through the floor and a loud noise will occur. If you try to save, it will crash the game. Now my save file is corrupted, so I can't go back to it.

On 12/16/2016 at 1:07 AM, briman said:

I have had a couple crashes so far, but when I go into the folder mentioned, I do not see "\Saved\Logs" 

See screenshot of directory.

You may need to enable viewing "hidden" folders.   This depends on windows version.

In Windows 10 click on the view tab on the menu bar and check the box to show "hidden items".

Hello,

After purchasing Astroneer I wanted to start it, but while i was at the starting screen, the game crashed and the "Unreal Engine 4 Crash Reporter" showed up and it says "an unreal process has crashed: UE4-Astro." So I tried to reinstall the game, update my graphic card driver and looked for fixes on the forums, but nothing worked for me. My computer also has the requirements to play this game. I would really like to play this game and not have to refund it, if anyone could help me it would really be awesome.
Thx in advance.

DxDiag.txt

On 12/16/2016 at 1:53 AM, crazyalien said:

My Game crashes as soon as i lauch the Pod from the station (exits with the Unreal error reporter).

I am launching the Game with the Astro-Win64-Shipping.exe and already have the approx 60mb patch downloaded.

DxDiag.txt

Unreal Error.JPG

This happens to me too.

I play the game on Xboxone. I freaking LOVE this game...but!! For an average player like myself im having crashing issue upon saving the 4th time around in the game. Ive read a few posts and Im not computer savy nor i have no clue what to do. I enjoy the game very much but im seriously closer to just deleting the game due to the frustration if being knocked off after getting far into the game. Also! The lagging issue drives me nuts too!! Help!!

Just dropping a note here about one of my saves having multiple issues with CTDs. I'm not sure if the save is corrupted or what,  but something is certainly going on. I know it says that a crash should auto generate data for the team, I hope it does. I was playing one of my saved games in Astroneer on Xbox One yesterday (it's one I've put quite a few hours into) and experienced 3 CTD's in about 8-12 hrs of gameplay. I don't think I'm going to try to play this save anymore as it's just not worth losing all the work accumulated, which amounted to several hours each time. Each crash occurred far away from my base, either in a cave system, or out on the surface, not doing anything in particular, generally just running around. Of course, silly me, I didnt have a rover or truck, didn't have anything I could use to remotely save the game while being out for extended durations. The game seemed to crash at random like when I'd be walking/running about, and then all of a sudden I'd see the screen freeze and hear the Xbox One make a very slight grinding noise (meaning it's stuck, I'm familiar with it as I've heard it before when Skyrim SE has gotten stuck too, both of which are digital files no discs in the console, but with Skyrim I think it's a different story because it runs mods and can hang up as the mods really tax the capabilities of the Xbox One console, it's not a gaming PC after all lol) and I just inwardly groan knowing I'm going to lose all the progress I just made. We really need the feature added to be able to pop into the menu and save our game at ANY time. IMHO that would be most convenient feature to avoid this issue of the game crashing, but as far as I recall there's not a SAVE game option on the menu, not yet (I say there needs to be). I know I don't always have a base, habitat or vehicle handy when I'm out exploring, and sometimes I'm not even tethered because  I'm just being a carefree (reckless) adventurer wandering about lol. :P 

In fact, for the next patch update, which I hope will be arriving soon, PLEASE include all the menu offerings for Xbox One that are available for PC because they are MISSING! (The ones for volume setting and all that stuff, on Xbox we only have a camera invert axis setting, that's it! Kinda need the other stuff too please :D ) I really need to be able to turn the music down, or off completely, as it's getting annoying after all this time, but I need the sound FX still on so I can hear in-game sounds as they are important (approaching storms, warnings for low oxygen, and many others as well). Please put in next patch!

Anyway, back to this game that's crashing, one thing I've noticed is really terrible, pronounced "seaming" of the terrain. In fact, several of my saved games now show moderate to severe "seaming" (where there are right-angle disruptions in the terrain visible on the surface, allowing one to "peer" into the underlying structures such as cave systems etc). I did watch a recording of the official Astroneer stream that discussed several bugs known to be causing issues in the game and some details about why they're happening and a little bit about what is involved in fixed them. Until the last day or so, I've never seen any "seams" in my worlds or saves. I play only on Xbox, and most of the time I cannot get anyone to join my game (and likewise, I can't join anyone else). These games where I'm experiencing all the seaming, are ones where no one has ever joined my game as multiplayer so I don't see how the seaming could be the result of having other players join and there being two different "versions of the game or two different versions of OS" etc being the cause. There must be some other explanation, some other rendering issue, but I lack any sort of training or background necessary to understand any of the complex issues involved here, so I have to defer judgement to those who work with the game to figure this out. I don't know if there has been any "hotfixing" going on that might have caused this to start occurring in my saved games, or if there could be any other possible explanation, but it's certainly worrisome to all of a sudden start see this occurring in my game saves when it's never occurred before. Odd timing for sure! I have some great game clips and screenshots that might be helpful on my Xbox One if anyone can tell me the best way to share them here (I don't use any of the traditional social networks and don't plan to, so no Facebook, no Twitter, no Instagram, no Imgur currently, I've used Photobucket in the distant past but I'm not sure people use that anymore. Recently I've seen some users post from something called "Xbox DVR" http://xboxdvr.com which looks like it might work, so I'm considering making an account there unless anyone has a better suggestion because like I said I don't want to use major social networks, although maybe using OneDrive could work I'm not sure?) I haven't posted image links to a forum in many years so some advice would indeed be helpful, thanks! :) 

Final thoughts..can't wait for some significant improvement in the game-killing FPS drop over time with Xbox One saves. Also, any refinement to the terrain tool would be so very much appreciated (sensitivity settings please) but helping decrease FPS drops will help a lot with using the terrain tool as a byproduct. I know it was mentioned in the stream that many players are "very attached" to their saves, but that this "performance upgrade" (whenever it does get pushed out) because of the types of changes that may take place in the core of the mechanics or something like that, could result in old saves being lost or unplayable.

I have one thing to say about that:  having played through numerous "saves" for over 10-15 hours each, with many of them subsequently becoming unplayable due to horrid FPS issues such that I'm forced to abandon them and start over* (I often just allow the game to auto-delete them as I describe below because they just waste space), if we do get a major performance upgrade I'd be GLAD to abandon all my saves. No, I'd actually drop them all in a heartbeat just so I could get started on new ones that didn't make me want to pull my hair out in frustration or make my arthritis ache 100x worse than usual. There's no question (in my mind) about this-I'd be ecstatic to have the game run smoother, faster (well I mean, have it not slow down, get bogged down as I play). It's pre-alpha, and that means things are going to change over time, hopefully for the better. Still, as is always the case in development, updates and patches can be a bit of a back and forth process, trial and error. Regardless, ultimately everyone hopes things everually get ironed out and result in a product that incrementally gets better with time as the development phase proceeds. While the development team works it's magic, it's very important for those of us playing the game to not only continue to provide feedback, but also to keep in mind this is all a fluid process. In other words, try to relax, have lots of fun playing (even when there are quirks and bugs that do pop up now and then) and to take it all in stride :) I've already spent well over 100 hrs in Astroneer, having never left Terran but that definitely a priority now,  and I can't remember any game in recent history that I've enjoyed so much in such a short amount of time (I've only been playing < 2 weeks I think, got it after the 119 patch) and I'm just having a blast running around finding new stuff, experimenting on new things, trying new tricks, etc. So I say to the amazing team at System Era, y'all keep doing what you need to do, and keep polishing this amazing game! Thanks! 

*This has been my observed experience with saved games and their deletion on Xbox One. Ymmv. This is not an official  recommendation. I've tested it a little and seems to work. You need to prioritize your saves, access those you want to keep (I just load into the world of the save(s) I want to keep, quickly  step out of the Hab & back in to save, then return to the menu) so they are moved to the front of the saved games queue on the station, and in doing so you will push any unwanted and I accessed saved games further towards the back end of the station where they will ultimately "disappear" by default as you continue to add new games (it seems there are only so many "slots" for saves allowed). However, if you don't want to lose any saved games, and your queue is full on the station (I'm not sure how many game slots there are), then you won't be able to start a new world/new game save without the last one being deleted (to make room for the new file).

This isn't an elegant solution, but I found I wasn't able to delete saved games on my Xbox One because it never offered me an option to "delete everywhere." When I went to manage my saved game info, I could delete, but as soon as I loaded up Astroneer it would sync with cloud storage which included saved game info, and despite hitting the "cancel" button it would load anyway (the save files are probably small compared to some other games, so it went by too fast). So that wasn't a solution for me, but it may work for others. I'm curious if this may work as a temporary workaround for others on Xbox One, so let me know if this helps you manage your Xbox One saves. I figured this out just by observation alone (I realized older saves would just end up "falling off" the back of the station's queue as I added new ones, and the saves are kept in chorniologal order based on the last time they were accessed and re-saved or "updated" I supposed is a better word). I'm guessing others have noticed this as well, but I thought it worth mentioning as deleting saves is currently an issue on Xbox One (at least until the option gets included in the game). If you are struggling to find a way to manage your saved games, this might be a workaround for the time being. If it helps, and does work, let others know so that it may help them also.

As I mentioned, I just happened to notice what was going on with the saves getting deleted, them "falling off the back" of the station, as new ones saves were being added. I noticed this while I was trying to organize my saves (since there is no identifying info, no thumbnails, nothing other than date and time) by writing them down and cataloging them in a little notebook. Basically, I would start out each new world (game save) but writing a little description to help me remember the place. I'd start by describing the color of the terrain (green, pink, sky blue, purple, etc) and any nearby features like a solar panel, crashed ship, resource nodes, if sunrise is behind a mountain, if there is a tall floral stalk forest nearby, you name it, whatever seems to stick out in my mind help me "remember" to distinguish it from the other ones I've been playing on, basically to help create a mental image of that world (for Terran at least, the starter world). I may add other notes as well such as "fresh world hab only" or "4-core extension only'" or massive cave system w/Hubble" the options are limitless.  All that matters is knowIng which is which, and so then I list the last time stamp underneath (leaving room for several of them). If you have saves you'd like to keep  mixed in with ones you no longer use or don't mind if they get deleted (eject off the back) but they're all in mixed order, just load up the saves you want, and don't load the ones you want to get rid of. As I mentioned above this will move your preferred saves up in the queue order so they'd be furthest away from the back end, and the last to be deleted. The ones you don't want, don't load them, so they will be the last saves on the Exo station and the first to get kicked off. Next time you load a new fresh game world, assuming your save slots are full, the last game save in the queue should be kicked off to make room for a brand new one.

*Be careful* If you have a game save for a world you really like and your queue is full, and you load into a new world, you will lose that game IF that game is saved in the last slot. Try to keep your game saves in some order based on priority (this usually happens with the process of natural selection as you tend to access the games you like more regularly anyway) with ones towards the back end being saves you don't care much about anymore, such as ones that have poor FPS performance, you didn't how you did the design, it was only for a quick experiments, or whatever the reason. This is probably just common sense, but I just thought it might help someone. Again, only for Xbox One as those playing on PC have workarounds for managing saved file info. Thanks again! :) 

On 2016/12/16 at 5:53 PM, crazyalien said:

My Game crashes as soon as i lauch the Pod from the station (exits with the Unreal error reporter).

I am launching the Game with the Astro-Win64-Shipping.exe and already have the approx 60mb patch downloaded.

DxDiag.txt

Unreal Error.JPG

I've just bought this game, couldn't open it, and it happened the same as yours

My Xbox 1 continuous to crash. I even dumped my Xbox 1 and re download but after playing a little while it crashes. User tag cheesemak

Hello, Astroneer dont run when i clic on.

Pc, Windows 10 Pro 64

32 Go DDR4

GPU ASUS GTX 1080

CPU 6850K

so In patch 199 (on xbox one) on August 17th 2017 when you join a person's world about 2 to 3 minutes after leaving the pod the game crashes. It has happened every time I join.

For the second time ive played through the game quite a ways and ill save then the game crashes, i relaunch and my save is reverted to an old save close to where i had just began, this is a total of 28 hours lost in the 2 times this has happened to me. Im getting close to just not playing anymore till this is confirmed not to happen anymore

On 12/15/2017 at 9:36 PM, RocketGrrl said:

I see the whirling-planets loading screen, which freezes after a few seconds, then the window closes.

I have the exact same problem since the Research Update. As the log says:

Fatal error: [File:C:\Depot\AstroRTX\EngMain\Engine\Source\Runtime\RenderCore\Private\RenderingThread.cpp] [Line: 932]
GameThread timed out waiting for RenderThread after 30.00 secs

Logs.zip

Okay, for what it's worth, I got the game running; turns out that, for me, it was a graphics driver issue.

Updated that and, bada-boom, game runs fine.

just had my first major crash and no were in the files does it come up with Appdata am i just blind or to old to figure this out keep in mind i have all my games saved on my D drive

I've had about 9 or 10 crashes on my xbox 1 version of the game, always returns me to the xbox homepage.
The lag I get can also make the game unplayable, I've tried disconnecting all the tethers but not retrieved them(don't know if I should collect them all up).
I'm really enjoying the game but not the "Lag".
Good luck and keep on keeping on:D

Currently I'm experiencing a crash on launch in W10 using the Xbox PA version of the game.
DxDiag.txt
On my laptop, installed, no problem it runs. On my PC, I get the Astroneer splash screen in the UWP container window for a few seconds then it silently dissapears. I'm not sure where the UWP logs would be kept if they weren't uploaded because the game was crashing too early...