Date of Incident: 1/26/2017

System: Xbox 1 / Xbox One

The game had just been loaded from a saved state. Upon load I had 2 trucks and 2 rovers. Using the Vehicle Bay I created another Truck (Truck 3). This truck was moved off the vehicle bay platform, so a rover (Rover 3) could be created. At this point, more compound was needed to accomplish this goal, so I took Truck 1 on a compound gathering expedition. Truck 1 had the following items attached at the start of my trip:

• 1 seat
  • Small Storage Rack
  • 2 small wind turbines attached to the top of the storage rack
  • Two large batteries (one on the front and back of the truck)

In Truck 1, I drove about 2-3 minutes away from basecamp to find compound deposits. Discovered 2 compound deposits...one spread through out the ground and one easily obtained via a rock pillar deposit. Both of these were mined in their entirety and the one hole was meticulously filled in. I drove a little further to see if there was anything else interesting in the area. I discovered a cave entrance, and got out of my truck to place down a beacon. As I was getting the beacon out of my backpack, my truck disappear right before my eyes. At the time of my truck disappearing the following items were attached:

• 1 seat
  • Small Storage Rack
  • 2 small wind turbines attached to the top of the storage rack
  • Two large batteries (one on the front and back of the truck)
  • 12 compounds

Not sure if any steps can be taken to reproduce this bug, and it happened so abruptly no pictures or videos were able to be captured. Please fix!

Ok so I found my truck...¬¬

Video: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/MIS 1NF0/video/26479269

58923e610104f_ScreenShot2017-02-01at11_59_08AM.thumb.png.efbdf4d27492b4187ddabf1a472e2608.png

Details of Issue:

After tuning into the System Era Podcast the same issue happened during the podcast to one of their designers. A System Era engineer explained the technical / physics issue causing the bug. Using their engineers explanation it allowed me to locate my truck, and retrieve it. I'll spare you the lengthy explanation of the issue, and jump right to the resolution. If you'd like to understand the technical details I'd highly recommend watching the Podcast.

Resolution:

1. Build up to your truck (A ramp is not necessary)
  2. When you are close enough your truck will begin to fall back to the ground.
  3. If it happens again, repeat steps 1 and 2.

Just had my truck and trailer dissappear on me on Tundra. I loaded up my saved game, spawning at my Tundra base. Both Truck and its trailer were connected to base via hose. Was doing just putting some fuel into my spaceship when I notice the Truck, trailer and entire contents had vanished.

I back out of the game without saving, then came back in and loaded saved game. Sure enough, the truck was there, along with its trailer. I got in it and started driving around. Got out a couple of minutes later to pick up a couple of artefacts. Got the first one on, but as I was digging the second one out, the Truck and trailer disappeared again.

Backed out of game without saving again. Reloaded saved game. Happened again. Was out of the Truck's cab for abound 30 seconds, then poof! It's gone. After reading this thread, I went back in and searched the sky to try and find it, but it's nowhere to be seen. Anyone know if the Rover has this issue too? If not, I might just stick to using Rovers on Tundra. Note: this was the first time loading the game save up after making the Truck and trailer. both functioned without issue before I saved the game and quit the game.

Had the following on the vehicles at time of disappearances:

Tuck:

One 1-Seat, one Wind Turbine, one Battery (the large one from the 3D Printer Module), one storage rack with four small Solar Panels, two small batteries, one small Generator and one Organic Nugget.

Trailer:

Started with just one Large Storage on its back and one normal Storage Rack. Later managed to place (in steps between saves) three artefacts, three Organic nuggets, one Titanuim nugget, one Copper and one Aluminium. 

Xbox One, Pre-Alpha build: 0.2.10119.0.

Just made a discovery! It's being triggered when I go into my backpack! When I press the Y button to bring up my backpack, the Truck and trailer vanishes at the same time. Have tested this three times and it happens every time I open the backpack. Also tried opening backpack by holding left trigger and bringing the cursor down over the backpack, then pressing the right trigger. Same result. Truck and trailer pull a Houdini. So, it's not the act of pressing the button, but the actual act of opening the backpack. Anyone else have this happen to them? Any suggestions on a fix or work around?

Edited by Ghostwolf93