Sign in to follow this  
vXxo0oxXv

Anyone else have problems finding coal?

Coal on Terran is fairly rare on other planets it's much more common Exotic and Radiated have it on the surface. It pops up regularly in research pods though that might be a better source for it if you are trying to power a base with it.

You can also make it with a trade platform what what I can see. Not tried it but there is an option for it. I assume you have to trade a few other items for a piece of coal.

1 hour ago, Raze1000 said:

You can also make it with a trade platform what what I can see. Not tried it but there is an option for it. I assume you have to trade a few other items for a piece of coal.

Yeah trading coal is way more expensive than its worth its worth 8 units and when you use it to trade its worth 4 (note things like hydrazine is 1 unit)

It's a roll of the dice, literally, to how much your current game has coal on any one planet. However, some planets have a higher chance of having it. Some even have it just lying around on the surface.

On Terran it is far too rare to be useful. And the generator totally overkill unless you have several large batteries to charge. Much better using the small gen and stuffing organic into it, even that will fill large batteries.

#1:  On Terran it is pretty rare.  You have to go deep.  I've found that research is as reliable as digging on Terran when it comes to coal.

#2:  If you can get to the moon and go down, you will find it all over the place.

When I create a new world, eventually I have a base on the moon with stacks and stacks of coal and titanium ( and oddly enough, usually resin ) that I can dip into either to use directly or trade for what I need. Barren is a really good place for a centralized resource center.

Also, note that you don't really need to find a cave to start going down.  Just pick a place to dig down at a 45 degree angle (if you can, it often ends up being steeper) and start digging.  You will run into a set of cavern layers.

Edited by Flashman