Hanzmeister66

[Merged] Broken Planet

Posted (edited)

Just as a +1 to this thread, never saw the broken planets when flying around but I am now in solidarity with everyone! Update 0.6.5 has now given me these broken planets as well! Quartered planets in sight when flying off of Exotic this morning. Didn't have time to take screen cap - but they are new! Seems like I always get the old problems on the new updates!

Windows 10, Steam, keyboard/mouse.

Edited by BLEDHA
That, and Exotic as a planet is a disaster, cracks everywhere, strange topography. Fun, but in many sections unplayable.

Game is early access as heck, but still beautifully playable.

My instance of planet bug:

Perspective: from Barren

i5 processor 3.30 GHz 16GB RAM

1060GTX GeForce 3GB RAM

Windows 7 SP1

Ast_planetorbit_1.jpg

Ast_planetorbit_2.jpg

Ast_planetorbit_3.jpg

Yup, they're back, saw one today. Well, if they were ever gone - I don't know, I just got here.

0.7.0.0 the rovers are great until you drive into a chunk that failed to load collision for the terrain and you careen towards the center of the planet

this has happened to me several times recently the ground ate my mobile base as I was running back to it and then while trying to find it under ground I clipped into a wall and it shot me to the surface so high it killed me

Yeah. I've lost multiple rovers from falling through the map. On xbox, the rendering is pretty bad. It was actually better before.

This also happens to me going from .7 to .8 on the same save.

ASTRONEER 6_15_2018 9_32_54 AM.png

3 minutes ago, C P said:

This also happens to me going from .7 to .8 on the same save.

ASTRONEER 6_15_2018 9_32_54 AM.png

That's actually just the usual terrain seams bug. It's not the "broken/split planet" bug that's the reason for this thread.
It's visually similar, but practically different, as it's not entirely visual, but also often doesn't disappear when you actually try to jump into it.

I have also seen this on the big blue/red planet.  Though it only happend sometimes And I have not seen it happen when the planet is out or the orbital range of shuttle.

Today while playing i found out that the planet that i started is bugged mountains dissapeared, i could see into the other places that where blocked by wall, and could see areas that are end on map, strange

On 6/18/2018 at 8:49 AM, C P said:

my mistake... here is the broken planet...2018-06-18_1-46-36.thumb.png.9df6941f47502688640a0f7740c25ac2.png

but who doesn't like a slice of melon on a hot day?

should i be the first to say it?.....

OK here goes....

don't worry, all these problems will be totally and completely fixed when terrain 2.0 comes out. it's better! it's brighter! it's melon-sliced planet free! and it's here now!! well, not exactly now, but, really, really soon...

meanwhile, learn to enjoy your weirdly beautiful planetary segmentation. it's good for the soul.

Yep sighted one today after a launch from Barren.

20 minutes later my game crashed. I was on Terran and just got killed by a storm, the dropship landed and then the game crashed.

0.10.2 on Xbox One X.

ASTRONEER (Game Preview) (3).png

We've got a ghost planet bug today. We were 2 players, first launch from the Terran planet, I went alone on the Exotic planet.

(Win 10x64, Steam version, GTX1080 and GTX950)

The first screen is my pov, from the exotic planet, we are supposed to see the Terran planet (only clouds and our landmarks)

mini_181016102733439131.png

Second screen, pov of my boyfriend, looking at the Exotic planet (only clouds and my beacon)

mini_181016102728738773.png

So my boyfriend can't go on the Exotic planet (can't click on it when in the spaceshuttle) and I can't go back on the Terran planet, we are completely stuck.

Edited by Irisée