Hanzmeister66

[Merged] Broken Planet

I was climbing the mountain and I was at the topish then this happened

I was trying to get out via alt+E but that didn't help

[Edit] I was laughing my ass off when it happened and i died after i got out like as soon as i got back to the real world i died

image.png

Edited by Nat

Fix to this is to restart the host game.

i had this happen on Monday but yesterday (Tuesday) when I played it again, all the planets were reconstructed.

On 12/18/2016 at 5:34 PM, MagnarHD said:

So I've noticed a planet in orbit that is split into 4 pieces. When you go into space it's still in 4, however if you visit the planet it goes back to normal.

Then if you leave again it's back into four pieces..

Pics below...

921ppm8iqe4y.png

f3amdHo.png

eea9e5dcd8e8ef45e814ec01c8923dde.png

521218cac110034e4469ef385e0ff3dd.png

Yep just saw this in my game today too.  Just like above. 

Got similar stuff, tried getting as close to it as possible, but the camera in this game is not a kind creature.

20161229030643_1.jpg

20161229030424_1.jpg

20161229030445_1.jpg

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 9:35 AM, Meowsters said:

Logged into my save to start some more Astroneer and some of my planet is cracked in places and you can see underneath if I get stuck in it I have to relog as there is no escape you just run in mid air.

jpS5rU5.jpg

If you think that's a bug, look at what happens when you fill in a hole completely when your still inside it

Capture3.PNG

3 hours ago, UltraHyperDuck said:

If you think that's a bug, look at what happens when you fill in a hole completely when your still inside it

Capture3.PNG

I'd already made a post on this, it's a good way to get through mountains and such

PC, win 7.1, Steam, XBox Controller 

Another save gone to the opening seams on my planet.  Just as pictured above in several shots, I loaded into my current save to find my starter planet is no longer always matching up along the seams of whatever building blocks make them up.  It showed up around the 5 hour mark, unsure the number of saves/loads.  First time I noticed it, it was a pretty minor mismatch, like you could start to make out the boundary between two planet-cubes due to the terrain on either side being offset.  It progressed into missing chunks of surface texture and invisible floor/wall detail from certain angles.

Hello!

We play with my friend and decided to fly on other planet, i'll take house in our ship, becouse want to begin construction on this new planet...but we met interstring bug, when i see my buildings, but my friend don't see, and hungry flower eat my friend many times(but i build platform on flower). After this situation we make screenshots, and i'll see that he doesn't see my buildings and other things(builduing blocks etc), he just can see our ship)

My friend restart game, and i fly to him in our HOME planet, and after 5 min game crash.

Upper screenshot - my friend

Lower screenshot - i'am.

It's same place guys, believe me)

Astroneer.jpg

Edited by KLvRL

I'm not sure if it was related with recent update, but Tundra in my game was broken like for many of other players, today I started game with recent patch 0.2.115.0 and Tundra is whole again.

I founded this bug too but applicated to all the planets.

The Bug occured when i opned my backpack when i was under my rover and the rover went into the air.

After that i returned to my home planet to create another one rover but i saw all planets destroyed but not the planet were am i.

But whan i closed and re opened the game all the planets are ok.

But my rover still flyng in the air

I built a base on one planet, came back later and the base was buried underground.  Very strange.

Plus I've noticed with the latest build that my graphics chip goes quiet and the movement gets choppy a lot.  Bugs are fun, eh?

Edited by Nargg

I've seen the quartered planet on my game as well. Also broken seams everywhere.... I also have had a lot of issues with falling into the ground (luckily I learned that if I hold spacebar combined with moving and using the tool to remove the ground around me I can get out of it if I'm lucky.) I'm windows 10 user on steam with keyboard and mouse.

Found the same problem here, this time with Arid. Whole thing broken up into quarters. Might be some kind of LOD bug or something if it goes back to normal when you actually land on it.

20170103091638_1.jpg

I too have had a broken tundra.  Upon landing on it, it is fixed, however at take off and into orbit for another planet = broke again.

Hey,

I looked upwards in the sky and saw ths bug multiple times:

Unbenannt.png

I also saw this bug on multiple planets.

Most times they are squared and pointing in the wrong direction

Edited by Peet

I visit a friend's Home planet.  The friend points out the broken planet that is in quarters to him.  I tell the friend,  "Why that planet is perfectly fine! It's not broken up for me.."

Both Friend and I used Steam Beta 0.2.117.0

I mentioned earlier that I was having issues with this, I just wanted to add that it's random for me, when I load in a game the planets (more than one more often than not) are fragmented or not, completely at random. I actually have a ton of screenshots in one game where almost every planet was fragmented.

20170102125649_1.jpg

20170102125928_1.jpg

20170102125951_1.jpg

20170102130102_1.jpg

20170102130134_1.jpg

20170102130230_1.jpg

Definitely something wonky with display of Tundra planet from deep space.

Steam/Windows 10

2017-01-09 13_03_53-Broken_Planet.png

I've experienced this too and i think i know the problem. When the game does not fully recognize you can see the planet it keeps the planet in the very basic look like when you make the texture for each separate dimension. This can also happen if your hardware does not recognize the textures or the game does not run the best