Hanzmeister66

[Merged] Broken Planet

Going from the home planet "terran" to its closest "barren" moon I observed the same about "terran."

it was actually pretty awesome as the closest piece was passing really close by.

Just enjoying my time, when suddenly a random bug appeared. Not too much of a problem for me at the moment. Just thought the devs should know cuz. Yaknow. Bugs.

I only started seeing this as of the patch released last night (0.2.108.0). The patch fixed my freezing and save loading problems, but this has started to occur as well as a few other aesthetic issues.

20161220223609_1.jpg

20161220223613_1.jpg

20161220223628_1.jpg

Not really sure what made this happen, but it appears the graphics engine had some trouble piecing together the quadrants of planets. It occurred both on planets and in space.

Screenshots:

1.png2.png

Anyone had any issues with actually being able to select or go to other planets? For some reason when in orbit if I go to a different planet sometimes I cannot go back and there are no planets around me.

Patch 0.2.111.0

Still experiencing the broken planet bug.  On planets and in space.  Almost all planets are doing it.  Does not effect gameplay.

AMD FX4100 3.6GHz

16GB RAM

Windows 10 x64

AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series

Mouse/Keyboard

This bug happened with me too, but only happen when i select the orange astronaut, and also when there is no bases on planets.

I also experienced the bug of crossing walls, and also the car bug accelerate when I was out of it, although it was very funny, I lost the car ... And that was not funny.

From 101 for each terrain quad that I modify, when i reload the game, each quad still visible 'cause a small gap from quad to quad, so it's not seamless.
BTW, modifying the terrain will fix it.

My tundra world looks like this, too!  Windows 10 pc, from steam.  I've never gone to it or anything to see what will happen.  I think I first noticed the broken planet a couple days ago, and it is still in quarters today.

so even though they are aware of this issue, i thought you guys might get a kick out of the clip i captured of it starting. i thought at first it was a title wave coming to wash me away :P

this is on xbox one, in the current patch.

Like many I'm seeing the broken planet as well. I'm on the starter planet and looking up I see the broken world.

Using keyboard/mouse on PC/Steam version.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Intel Core i3 4360 @ 3.70GHz
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz
Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. B85M-DS3H-A (SOCKET 0)
DELL E207WFP (1680x1050@60Hz)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 (EVGA)
NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)

Having a blast with Astroneer despite the bugs, can't wait to see how the game develops!

361420_screenshots_20161224161656_1.jpg

I want to report a bug that happened when I was normally playing, it's the moon bug on the planet, and I was even afraid to embark on the moon because my game could crash or bug, so please fix it, your game is awesome and I'm going Always play it !!!

20161226122835_1.jpg

20161226123717_1.jpg

One of my saves also had the split Terran issue. I am on Barren in the screenshots attached and part of Terran orbits right through me while I'm standing there!

Version: 0.2.111.0

Windows 7 Ultimate N

i5-4590 @3.3ghz

Geforce GTX 1070

20161226113110_1.jpg

20161226113150_1.jpg

20161226113207_1.jpg

20161226113213_1.jpg

Just had the same started a new world, looked above me and and saw the broken planet.
Using latest Steam version 0.2.111.0
Broken Planet.jpg

if i dug a hole and I'm inside it and something to have no way to get out it make me see caves and stuff it kind of good but the side news is that you landed or couldn't you die instantly and if you land you grab it if you where is it if you couldn't well then you can grab you good gear and stuff