Shortcuts vs. Superheroes

Fly Boy

When looking at all the great and creative suggestions I would like to highlight the two groups of upgrading ideas. The first i call "shortcuts". These upgrades help the player to gain efficency (e.g. More storage on a truck, faster movement)  they prevent the player spending time in routine activities he might get bored after a while.

The second group of update suggestions I call "superhero updates". They give the player abilities, which are really far fetched and will take dangers out of the game (e.g. Shoes that let you survive a big drop)

I prefer the "shortcuts" and hope there will be not much "superhero stuff" in the final game.

I also prefer "shortcuts" to "superhero".

But it would be far better if there were more "gamedesigned" ideas. ;)

Most of players come here and post all the things they think about during a game session, but don't take the time to think like a game designer :

• A game feature needs to add fun to the game
  • may decrease difficulty but sometime with some sort of counterpart
  • must not make another feature already in place useless (e.g. conveyors against vehicules) except if it was really hard to get it, or a "high level" feature

On 1/23/2017 at 10:43 PM, Gwido said:

I also prefer "shortcuts" to "superhero".

But it would be far better if there were more "gamedesigned" ideas. ;)

Most of players come here and post all the things they think about during a game session, but don't take the time to think like a game designer :

• A game feature needs to add fun to the game
  • may decrease difficulty but sometime with some sort of counterpart
  • must not make another feature already in place useless (e.g. conveyors against vehicules) except if it was really hard to get it, or a "high level" feature

You said it well, Gwido.

Fly Boy; I too would like some more things that get unlocked over time and would enable more efficient and prosperous operation. You mention shoes that let you survive falls. Which could be accomplished by having a Hydrozene consuming mini-jet pack that the player could use. That would let you soft land or super jump using short pulses of jet pack. Now look what you did, I have to make a new thread with a sweet jet pack idea you just gave me!! :D

Keep pumping ideas and good things will happen.