garath

Any easy way to find system specs?

In a sample post, they suggest supplying detailed system specs in the bug report. I'm too lazy to google that right now. Does anyone have a suggested tool that is a "one stop shop" for finding all this info including Windows build number, Ram brand and speed, etc? Thanks!

8 hours ago, Wyvyrias said:

Speccy would be pretty much the fail-safe variant to figure out your specs.

Thank you for the suggestion. It is better than just doing System Properties. But it is still a far cry from the exhaustive list of suggested information requested for a bug post. The ideas of this game are so cool that I'd love to help with more detailed bug posts. Unfortunately, it is proving to be too much like WORK just to make a bug posting. 

5 hours ago, garath said:

Thank you for the suggestion. It is better than just doing System Properties. But it is still a far cry from the exhaustive list of suggested information requested for a bug post. The ideas of this game are so cool that I'd love to help with more detailed bug posts. Unfortunately, it is proving to be too much like WORK just to make a bug posting. 

The specs that Speccy give you are usually more than you need to post.
There's also an example post listing the most relevant specs.

On 1/23/2017 at 7:40 AM, Wyvyrias said:

The specs that Speccy give you are usually more than you need to post.
There's also an example post listing the most relevant specs.

The first line of your example bug report contains this:

But when I run Speccy on my PC and look under OS, the only thing I see is:

Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit SP1

Clicking on either Summary or OS yields the same information. There are no details about version or build as required by your example post. 

Thus, as I said, the tool you recommended does not supply the information you are requiring for a bug report. 

Doing some additional googling turned up 'winver'. This provides the additional information that for my machine is 'Build 7601: Service Pack 1.

It may be this game is only supported on Windows 10. Maybe Speccy returns the desired information for Windows 10. 

Probably, you should just say this game isn't supported on anything older than Windows 10?

16 minutes ago, garath said:

The first line of your example bug report contains this:

But when I run Speccy on my PC and look under OS, the only thing I see is:

Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit SP1

Clicking on either Summary or OS yields the same information. There are no details about version or build as required by your example post. 

Thus, as I said, the tool you recommended does not supply the information you are requiring for a bug report. 

Doing some additional googling turned up 'winver'. This provides the additional information that for my machine is 'Build 7601: Service Pack 1.

It may be this game is only supported on Windows 10. Maybe Speccy returns the desired information for Windows 10. 

Probably, you should just say this game isn't supported on anything older than Windows 10?

Mind that it's an example post (and not related to Speccy). I provided the optimum amount of information there (assuming people would use Google if they don't know where to find the information). I wouldn't know whether Speccy outputs the detailed information for the Windows version or not, as I am not using it myself (I know what hard- and software I am using).
And yes, Astroneer certainly is being supported by Windows 7 and above (assuming you're using Steam version, obviously the Windows 10 Store version is not an option for anything below Windows 10).