ETwhisperer

What are the seeds and w/o knows how to use them?-

There is a new feature in the .119 patch call seeds. Great patch... BUT... What are the seeds?!?!?! Who knows how to use them??? I know that this was suggested by someone in a suggestion session I comment on that but the way that the person suggested that they work it's nowhere even close to how they work here. At least not that I found. Anyone?? 

seed.PNG

"As for the seeds, if you don't leave them on your backpack for too long, you can plant them and they will grow into fully mature spiker mushrooms... which you can then kill again for more seeds.  To plant them all you do is set them on the ground.  They will sink into the surface just a bit, and they will begin to grow rapidly after that." 

:) 

1 hour ago, red_space_boots said:

"As for the seeds, if you don't leave them on your backpack for too long, you can plant them and they will grow into fully mature spiker mushrooms... which you can then kill again for more seeds.  To plant them all you do is set them on the ground.  They will sink into the surface just a bit, and they will begin to grow rapidly after that." 

:) 

Why would anyone want to grow these things?

6 hours ago, Galapagew said:

this is gonna be handy for the people that are building massive ski slides the can now plant deadly obstacles 

Its too bad we can't feed the seeds into the small generator since they are organic. That would be very useful underground. 

Edited by Mickey

3 hours ago, Mickey said:

Its too bad we can't feed the seeds into the small generator since they are organic. That would be very useful underground. 

1+ to have seed counted as organic material, It's pointless to cultivate the thing that it's only function is to kill you.

13 hours ago, Galapagew said:

Some are speculating this is the first step in implementing a hunger system (aka seeds will soon become available for food and you'll need to plant them) and others are saying it could be the first step in including aggressive and/or malicious wildlife and these would be a way to protect your base from enemies. 

4 hours ago, red_space_boots said:

Some are speculating this is the first step in implementing a hunger system (aka seeds will soon become available for food and you'll need to plant them) and others are saying it could be the first step in including aggressive and/or malicious wildlife and these would be a way to protect your base from enemies. 

Both being bad things... I only have, like, 13 hours. Don't wanna give up the game already. -_-

Edited by Galapagew

23 hours ago, Galapagew said:

Both being bad things... I only have, like, 13 hours. Don't wanna give up the game already. -_-

I dunno, I think it could add a cool element to the game. Maybe a selectable "survival" option - so if you didn't want to have those elements then you don't have to :)