Pi_

Seeds - Patch 119

So while mining in a cave I discovered the seeds.  So far I've only found them after killing the white & red spiker mushrooms.  After you dig underneath them and they fall down, they immediately transform into seeds.

I will post a further explanation and a video clip inside the spoiler alert below.

Spoiler

I was mining down in a cave and put the seeds into my backpack (each white/red mushroom produces 2 seeds).  I then continued mining and exploring the cave.  I then noticed that not only were the mushrooms growing at a fairly rapid pace, I was not able to remove them from my backpack.  At this point I realized the inevitable outcome.

Fortunately I was near the cave entrance.  So I ran back to the ramp I had built and took everything out of my backpack... except of course for the rapidly growing spiker mushrooms.  I then ran up and out of the cave.  It was my intention to go off tether and suffocate myself.  The video clip begins after I've already made it to the surface... because I was streaming at the time and I messed up editing the clip.

As for the seeds, if you don't leave them on your backpack for too long, you can plant them and they will grow into fully mature spiker mushrooms... which you can then kill again for more seeds.  To plant them all you do is set them on the ground.  They will sink into the surface just a bit, and they will begin to grow rapidly after that.

CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO CLIP

Defeat killer flora > harvest seeds > replant killer flora in a place that benefits you to defend against other threats?

Okay now this may be getting interesting...

I hope no hunger, or a selectable setting for this.  To me it will kill the game entirely.

1 hour ago, MoonManKelvin said:

It just regrows, but I don't see the point in having more deadly shrooms around

you can move them all to someplace where they are not in your way.

On 1/21/2017 at 7:31 PM, MoonManKelvin said:

It just regrows, but I don't see the point in having more deadly shrooms around

Since they spike living things that move too close and animals are on the dev roadmap....

i really welcome the seeds. this is much better than only dropping them to the ground.

i did a little farm with the spikers near my base. died already by petting them :D:D:D

seeds will start grow when you pick them up and place them. if you let them they will do nothing. i would love to have this with the cloud-spitters too.

edit: as seeds have the same icon as organic i would really love to put them into the small backpack generators!

Edited by KingPhantom

This is one of the uses for the new seed: 

edit: also, put a seed on the ground, wait a few seconds and then put it into a friend backpack. Just... Just try it.

Edited by loss182

2 hours ago, Martin said:

Only about 3 people actually are against it, they just posted alot. ;)

I belive your count is off by a long amount but that is your thing to have hunger and if juggling the number is your thing ....... fine