HolySoul

Base Construction: exoskeletons and Command centers

215737f377c666d0b1191e69bc8e4a06.jpg

Hello fellow astroneers!

I play as dr. oj, and i really like to take my quad and explore the world driving around seeing the sun go up and down and live free...
But i do realize that astroneer is much more than that, its about crafting an building. So i was thinking on 2 ideas to make the building more immersive and fun.

EXOSKELETONS and a COMMAND CENTER!

I feel like the astronauts needs to do let go of the psychic power and start to do some heavylifting to get things done! like really carry things with your hands and building your base old school style. For the "light" items such as components to the research items, i think with a exoskeleton, it should be possibly more immersive than using the force.

Now lets go to the command center: 
627821-mobile_construction_vechile__depl

The command center would be the first building you have to craft, in order to use it to craft the others. It has a operable crane so the player could enter and start to place modules for expanding its base of operations. With this idea im trying to make building a little deeper, increasing the costs of modules (more than 2 resins) so you really have to go exploring caves and the underground to get the AL, CU, FE, TI and possibly for the end game buildings the astronium.

PS: this building also gives you the chance to replace or scrap something that you mistakenly had placed (i have 3 printers and have no idea how to delete 2 of them)

This is an interesting and creative Idea.

But i wouldnt like a exoskelet like in BO3 where you can jump so high and stuff like this

On 21/01/2017 at 4:18 PM, C00lBizzY said:

This is an interesting and creative Idea.

But i wouldnt like a exoskelet like in BO3 where you can jump so high and stuff like this

Ah sure, maybe having different exos for different tasks should be better

On 23.1.2017 at 4:30 PM, HolySoul said:

Ah sure, maybe having different exos for different tasks should be better

Yeah , would be better :D