SES_Adam

"119" - January 21st, 2017

It's actually really easy to level the land you just have to think about how the leveling tool works. If anyone wants to partner up on the Xbox one I can jump into your game and teach you how to use it perfectly within about 30 or 40 seconds.

TEH RED ZMAN 

Since everyone's talking about it right now I will repeat something I mentioned before in this forum. Don't think that you are actually leveling the ground, you are pulling the surface that you begin aiming at across in front of you. In order to get a completely level ground you have to find something that is mostly level, aim at it, pull the trigger with your Landscaping tool out and then slowly pull that across. Using this method you will see that no matter what you aim at you are pulling that original topography across the rest of your swipe.

1 hour ago, REDZMAN said:

It's actually really easy to level the land you just have to think about how the leveling tool works. If anyone wants to partner up on the Xbox one I can jump into your game and teach you how to use it perfectly within about 30 or 40 seconds.

TEH RED ZMAN 

Since everyone's talking about it right now I will repeat something I mentioned before in this forum. Don't think that you are actually leveling the ground, you are pulling the surface that you begin aiming at across in front of you. In order to get a completely level ground you have to find something that is mostly level, aim at it, pull the trigger with your Landscaping tool out and then slowly pull that across. Using this method you will see that no matter what you aim at you are pulling that original topography across the rest of your swipe.

This is true

On January 29, 2017 at 10:52 AM, SilverSilhouette said:

Hello!  I recently baught the Xbox one version and am so far very happy with it.   I would however like to report a few glitches, I have them as gamer clips but I don't know of a way to post them and I believe that it would be better to see what I'm talking about rather than me trying to explain them.  If any of you (the dev team) have an Xbox profile I would appreciate you friending me to figure out what went wrong in my gamer clips and if necessary talk to me about how I discovered these glitches.

On 1/29/2017 at 10:52 AM, SilverSilhouette said:

Hello!  I recently baught the Xbox one version and am so far very happy with it.   I would however like to report a few glitches, I have them as gamer clips but I don't know of a way to post them and I believe that it would be better to see what I'm talking about rather than me trying to explain them.  If any of you (the dev team) have an Xbox profile I would appreciate you friending me to figure out what went wrong in my gamer clips and if necessary talk to me about how I discovered these glitches.

hey silver here is a link to your clips:  https://account.xbox.com/en-us/profile?gamerTag=SilverSilhouett

the glitches in your videos have also happened to me, but more importantly, the devs are aware of............

4 hours ago, NjalStorm said:

hey silver here is a link to your clips:  https://account.xbox.com/en-us/profile?gamerTag=SilverSilhouett

the glitches in your videos have also happened to me, but more importantly, the devs are aware of............

Thank you for assisting me in finding a way to share my gamer clips outside of an Xbox.  I am glad to know that the developers are aware of the glitches within these clips, and I hope that they are helpful in the repair of them

20 hours ago, REDZMAN said:

Yeah, it was easy and something has changed. Now, when I'm using terrain leveling, my cursor "snaps" to some hidden geometry and it cannot be controlled. Haven't seen this behavior in earlier versions (ಠ ʖ̯ಠ)

1 hour ago, SilverSilhouette said:

Thank you for assisting me in finding a way to share my gamer clips outside of an Xbox.  I am glad to know that the developers are aware of the glitches within these clips, and I hope that they are helpful in the repair of them

Edit:. I found another glitch and have made a gamer clip of it for review

On Xbox One i am unavailabe to take of from at space shuttle if i have put storage on it and then loaded a seat or habitat onto it, it doesnt let me click the "take off" button.

And also When i went back to baren i found my truck floating way up in the sky.

And is there a posibility that theres a more advanced landing introduced, because i landed straight Down onto my other space craft.

I have also had the problem when creating a new habitat and i entered it, without setting it as a base, i couldnt exit it, and that save is completely useless now.

Also i expirience alot of frame rate drop and lag When i have come a bit far.

-Love the game!!

4 hours ago, Oliwab said:

On Xbox One i am unavailabe to take of from at space shuttle if i have put storage on it and then loaded a seat or habitat onto it, it doesnt let me click the "take off" button.

And also When i went back to baren i found my truck floating way up in the sky.

And is there a posibility that theres a more advanced landing introduced, because i landed straight Down onto my other space craft.

I have also had the problem when creating a new habitat and i entered it, without setting it as a base, i couldnt exit it, and that save is completely useless now.

Also i expirience alot of frame rate drop and lag When i have come a bit far.

-Love the game!!

You are entering the Habitat not the seat  you need to see the blue figure in the seat area not the Hab.

1 hour ago, DanoTenny said:

You are entering the Habitat not the seat  you need to see the blue figure in the seat area not the Hab.

On Xbox it doesn't matter if you are in the habitat or the seat, either way you won't be able to launch the shuttle; you can only use the 'enclosed' seat printed from the vehicle bay to launch the shuttle. 

This means that you can't actually use the large vehicle storage on the shuttle as attaching one renders the shuttle useless. 

Rather than being a bug I believe this intentional, as travelling into into space in an open seat is rather silly. 

Edited by Davers73
Spelling correction

Right when you press x to enter, hold the left trigger in.  After you enter, you will get a cursor that you can use to select the launch button.  I did the same thing.  I hated the way it worked so I eventually ditched the craft on the moon for another Astroneer to find....

Edited by gr8hifi

1 hour ago, SilverSilhouette said:

Does anybody know how to build a crane?

First you have to have it researched.

Then you need to put a vehicle with an empty x4 slot (whole rover or half truck) into vehicle bay, and the crane will be a build option.

Hey !

I have a strong config, (1060 6GO, I7 6700, Installed on SSD, 16GO RAM) but I have hard CPU issues, it wasn't like that at begining, it's like the game doesn't unload things & becomes lower & lower..

Actually around 10FPS, it's becoming impossible for me.

Btw, my friend that has a bad config can play the game on my save without any FPS drops..

Can i do smthg for that or must i wait for a good patch?

I know that it is prealpha but, i didn't paid 20$ for 10 hours of gaming..

1 hour ago, wondible said:

First you have to have it researched.

Then you need to put a vehicle with an empty x4 slot (whole rover or half truck) into vehicle bay, and the crane will be a build option.

Ok thanks, what does it do?

The usual use for the crane is to fit a drill head onto it and drill out those "hard" rocks that have rare resources in them. There are a couple of storage spots on the neck of the crane that will fill up like the one on the end of your excavator tool.

You don't really need to put a Hoist on the end of the crane unless in two-player because you can't extend the crane and the hoist at the same time.

Still unable to join a cross platform multiplayer game beetween Xboxe 1 and windows 10 (i own the windows store version of Astroneer) that just load and go back at the title screen

On 1/30/2017 at 3:13 PM, King Kyle said:

Are you guys playing on console or PC?

I'm on the Xbox One and it is very difficult to level the land. 

What I do (on xbox) is take out the leveler tool and point it right in front of my feet. I then proceed to walk in the direct i want leveled and presto. Perfect leveling each time. (takes a bit to get it right the first time, but after that easy)

20 minutes ago, Romik said:

Когда пач?

Скоро. Надо набраться терпения :)

Я и сам как на иголках - ни сна ни покоя.