SES_Adam

"119" - January 21st, 2017

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, ETwhisperer said:

Great patch!! What are the seeds?!?!?! Who knows how to use them???

They come from those spiky plants. Near them there might be small seeds, you can add them to your inventory and drop them off near your base and let them grow(they grow insanely fast). And if you wanna know what they do, you should just see for yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Biggie Cheese said:

This is a big pet peeve of mine with developers and patch notes. Please don't do patch notes ambiguous like this. Be straight forward with what you've changed/added to the game. It leads to quicker feedback and better knowledge of how the game is changing.

 

16 hours ago, Nargg said:

Then you don't understand this game.  It's about discovery and mystery.  Why would the developer divulge game play information when the intent of the game is for the player to find and discover things?

If they are surprises then they are obviously things that System Era doesn't think needs to be critically judged  by people like you two. If they want to make the bug finding process fun and interactive then let them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found the seeds, nice little addition. However I started a new game after 119 and I haven't found the truck recipe yet. The last two games I started it was one of the first recipes I got, and I've research about 50 or 60 artifacts already. I haven't even gotten a research roll in about 20 tries now, just items. Anyone else experience this?

I'm still on Terran. Heading off planet soon, hopefully I'll find it on another planet.

Edited by duder
clarifictaion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, duder said:

Found the seeds, nice little addition. However I started a new game after 119 and I haven't found the truck recipe yet. The last two games I started it was one of the first recipes I got, and I've research about 50 or 60 artifacts already. I haven't even gotten a research roll in about 20 tries now, just items. Anyone else experience this?

I'm still on Terran. Heading off planet soon, hopefully I'll find it on another planet.

Scratch that, just unlocked the truck! It was researched from one found near a solar array and most of my research has been from plant artifacts FWIW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Wyvyrias said:

Sometimes the saves break, sometimes not. It's not exactly consistent.

Ok, but what about new things, if I update the new things will be added to my old save?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DarkCeptor44 said:

Ok, but what about new things, if I update the new things will be added to my old save?

That depends on the content I guess. Generally I would say "no". But I don't think a new save is required for every kind of content.
I'll forward that question, maybe the developers can give a more precise statement about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Wyvyrias said:

That depends on the content I guess. Generally I would say "no". But I don't think a new save is required for every kind of content.
I'll forward that question, maybe the developers can give a more precise statement about that.

Do you think better save management will be implemented soon or is that a feature that will be in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Baby Panda Jr, said:

They come from those spiky plants. Near them there might be small seeds, you can add them to your inventory and drop them off near your base and let them grow(they grow insanely fast). And if you wanna know what they do, you should just see for yourself.

Already know they grow unto the same spiky plants, but nothing else... they have to have some other use, that is what I mean... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2017 at 9:48 AM, Tom Heath said:

Yeah, both are up to date, both games are coming up as joinable. We have tried multiple permutations for eg.

Tried to just join.

Tried joining from X1

Tried joining from Xbox app on Win10

Tried joining from party

Tried parties from both ends

All end up the same, when joining from X1 if the game is loaded to the main menu it restarts the game and then hangs on the loading screen before restarting the loading screen and then loading into a separate game

When joining from dashboard it starts up the game and follows the same as above.

When joining X1 from Windows with game closed it just loads up solo, when joining from loaded game nothing happens.

Having the exact same issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2017 at 8:49 AM, Frigidman said:

Edit: Really wish we all have 'icons' by our names showing what platform we play on, so we know how to properly answer some questions ;)

I second this, especially for the devs' sake. If see others with these on their posts they'll naturally tend to include them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Baby Panda Jr, said:

Do you think better save management will be implemented soon or is that a feature that will be in the future.

All I can say is that it will be added at some point for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you very much for the amazing game, hopefully all the bugs will be fixed with the coming updates, and hopefully there will be local multiplayer in the future

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sad ... after playing several hours the problem of low FPs recurs and the game becomes frustrating. Currently playing on Xbox One is painful. Dop wineskin patch still no improvement to this problem is perhaps not possible?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please hurry In fixing the frame rate , not to be mean or anything but I can't play it at this point I built a base on each planets and now it's so slow it's impossible to play I've just been waiting for a patch for the last 2 weeks wanting to play it but can't , this is my major limiting factor in playing it or not

again not to be mean but if the fps is not fixed I'm not playing it, I hate starting a new save file 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Kaheraien said:

Please hurry In fixing the frame rate , not to be mean or anything but I can't play it at this point I built a base on each planets and now it's so slow it's impossible to play I've just been waiting for a patch for the last 2 weeks wanting to play it but can't , this is my major limiting factor in playing it or not

again not to be mean but if the fps is not fixed I'm not playing it, I hate starting a new save file 

Bad decision throwing money at a pre-alpha if you're going to hold on to a single savegame. Those optimizations aren't going to happen overnight. You have months of waiting ahead of you my friend. And even if your wishes come true sooner, i doubt your precious save will be playable by then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2017 at 10:47 AM, Bizarroskull ¬¬ said:

what about the multiplayer aspect? the lag is annoying and the joining system at the current build is just bad

I play on Xbox one and the frame rate issue makes the game unplayable, after about an hour you have to restart and if you join a friends game you lose all your items in your bag .... love the game have some great ideas for it but the performance issue should be up on the priority list, atleast for consol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, ETwhisperer said:

Already know they grow unto the same spiky plants, but nothing else... they have to have some other use, that is what I mean... 

I've left astroneer open for a few hours standing in front of the plants and not much has happened. Once you break them they turn into two seeds which allows you to effectively farm them, they also have no use in generators despite having an organic symbol. All I can guess is that they are testing the waters with a planting mechanic and if you want some cool defensive walls around your house you could place them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've recently been having a visual glitch with a piece of compound being stuck in my inventory but I can't move it or highlight it. It just takes up a lot in my mini crafter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, dvx said:

I'm sad ... after playing several hours the problem of low FPs recurs and the game becomes frustrating. Currently playing on Xbox One is painful. Dop wineskin patch still no improvement to this problem is perhaps not possible?

Try using an external hard drive via USB 3.0. I was having similar FPS until I moved all my games onto an external drive and now I have been experiencing much better FPS. Much more playable and very easy to set up once you have the external drive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Xbox one desperately needs the frame rate issue and lag issue resolved. The game works fine for the first 2 or 3 hours on a new character but is horrible after that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2017 at 10:45 AM, Deavonffxi said:

what exactly are the zebra balls i found one a couple weeks ago 

 

physics objects, like a test ball. Or so we think 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, aroongriffin said:

Try using an external hard drive via USB 3.0. I was having similar FPS until I moved all my games onto an external drive and now I have been experiencing much better FPS. Much more playable and very easy to set up once you have the external drive.

Sorry Astroneer:  not just this game ALL games.  Battlefield Series is my goto all time fav and i load almost 60 seconds faster than most because i bought, use, and moved all my main games to the external drive.  the green sponsored one from Xbox is even faster than mine.  my friend has the official one, i use a enclosure with a laptop drive.  he loads up to 20 seconds faster than me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23.01.2017 at 5:48 AM, Wyvyrias said:

That depends on the content I guess. Generally I would say "no". But I don't think a new save is required for every kind of content.
I'll forward that question, maybe the developers can give a more precise statement about that.

If there's any precise answer from devs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.