SES_Adam

"119" - January 21st, 2017

5 hours ago, Jeremy Mattsen said:

This is the update I have been waiting for!  Cross playing does work though it took me a couple tries. I have now purchased 3 copies because of cross play. Have my PC logged in to run the server and then connect with our Xboxes. Well done on the updates!

so how do you do the actual invite to another party

1 hour ago, twitch.tv/killa2471 said:

I'm loving the game, but it somewhat lacks longevity, I'm a game developer from New Zealand and would love to work with you!, if you need a Modeler, Rigger, Animation, Designer artist. I would love to create a diverse range of creatures that inhabit the planets, whilst learning everything you have to offer!.

I'm under contract not to disclose my current work so my old work is on my portfolio, doing hundreds of modular building blocks.

http://juanegray.wixsite.com/juanegray

You may want to take a look at this then:

https://systemera.net/jobs/

17 minutes ago, FPS DROP said:

we dont need more artist, we need some saviour to fps drop and bad performance

Suggestions: Per planet loading per user, meaning that if you're not on a planet it doesn't load. Change the code you use in your shaders.

The problems this game is having is more code side than art, you are right in that respect. 

Edited by twitch.tv/killa2471

8 hours ago, Shatznr said:

How does one quick recover tethers?

On the PC, shift click the tether and it goes back into your backpack.

11 hours ago, SES_Adam said:

A couple surprises you'll have to discover.

This is a big pet peeve of mine with developers and patch notes. Please don't do patch notes ambiguous like this. Be straight forward with what you've changed/added to the game. It leads to quicker feedback and better knowledge of how the game is changing.

Edited by Biggie Cheese

6 minutes ago, Biggie Cheese said:

This is a big pet peeve of mine with developers and patch notes. Please don't do patch notes ambiguous like this. Be straight forward with what you've changed/added to the game. It leads to quicker feedback and better knowledge of how the game is changing.

Then you don't understand this game.  It's about discovery and mystery.  Why would the developer divulge game play information when the intent of the game is for the player to find and discover things?

2 hours ago, FPS DROP said:

we dont need more artist, we need some saviour to fps drop and bad performance

Did you read the patch notes?  Plus, get over yourself.  They'll get there in time.  And, change your name, makes you look bad.

57 minutes ago, Nargg said:

Then you don't understand this game.  It's about discovery and mystery.  Why would the developer divulge game play information when the intent of the game is for the player to find and discover things?

Because the game isn't finished and we're basically beta testing everything for them. We've already lost our sense of a first time experience with this game, and now its time for us to actually start making progress with content

After a friend and I both installed the patch tonight on Steam, we were unable to play together after multiple attempts. We tried both in windowed and regular mode, he invited me about two dozen times. The only way that we were able to get into a game together was if we started a completely new planet. We have spent a lot of time on our current planet and I would hate that we have to start over again, any suggestions as to why this might be happening would be great, as we did not have this problem before the new patch.

13 hours ago, SES_Adam said:

patch119.jpg

Our latest patch for Astroneer is Patch 119 and it is now available on Xbox One, Windows 10, and Steam. Xbox One and Windows 10 users should expect a wait of 48 hours for the patch to reach their console or Windows 10 install.

BUILD NUMBER: 0.2.10119.0

1. Cross-play multiplayer between Xbox One and Windows 10 Store PC versions now works!
  2. Fix up the way that objects with research items get dug up. You can now kill hazards without uncovering their buried research item.
  3. Make spikers destroy after a bit when you dig them up.
  4. Spikers can be jumped on without hurting you, like that jellyfish scene from Finding Nemo.
  5. Improve the distance at which objects have physics, allowing (for example) zebra balls to roll further from player
  6. Fix the disappearance of vehicles and items, particularly when frame rates are low.
  7. A couple surprises you'll have to discover.

NOTES:

• Work is still underway for massive performance increases. Expect to see some of that in the next patch or so.
  • The team is moving offices! We're staying in Seattle but will be moving to a larger office so that we can grow our team. This is partly responsible for the increase in time between 117 and 119 patches.
  • We'll be doing a stream either this week coming up or first thing the following week to hopefully show off some of the new content coming to Astroneer.
  • Check our Twitter for the latest.

YES!! Cant wait until that "performance" update so i can play it without stupid fps drops, but thankful for this update.. THANKS.

2 hours ago, Nargg said:

Oh damn ur right

since Update 119 Win 10 Versions FSP is terrible. Xbox One and Steam run good.

before this Update also Win 10 Version run smooth but now its unplayable

My Hardware is a Intel i7 6700k and a GTX 1080

Managed to get co-op working after a lot of tries, ended up restarting my router etc and it worked!

I played host on Win10 with partner playing on X1, Performance was good to begin with but degraded over time. The X1 version began suffering from FPS drop quite early on but some other issues occurred, If I pulled out the terrain tool it changed the camera on the X1 version making it difficult for my partner. Power began overwriting every other resource which stopped us from being able to gather additional resources, and when the partner died it dropped REALLY TINY versions of their backpack, terrain tool etc.

Other than the above issues it's been a great experience and my partner and I are enjoying the game despite the issues.

Keep up the hard work guys!

12 hours ago, mikk said:

It's the wrong approach. Xbox won't get faster updates because of a deliberate delay of PC updates, it could be only harmful for bug findings. They wouldn't do this if they are serious to their PC customers. Do you also ask for graphics downgrades such as fps, resolution, detail level in the future to make sure PC isn't better than console? I bet you would like this approach.

You bet wrong. ;) Every platform / hardware should be supported as good as possible. Not everyone is a PC vs console fanboy. ;)

All I meant with my comment is, that it's better for everyone to see patches arrive simultaneously, rather than leaving one group of people (XBOX players in that case) with no patches for a few weeks, while STEAM received several ones already.

13 hours ago, SES_Adam said:

There's no switch we can flip to allow Steam users to play with Microsoft users. There's an incredible amount of backend work for that to happen since our MP stems from their online infrastructure (friends list, etc). Maybe one day - we'd love for this to happen - but its something we've never promised. It is something, however, we'll strive for all in due time.

Sorry my question was that I tweeted astroneer before the game was released and asked if cross play was available yet and got no answer back so I bought a steam copy, however now cross play is available are you giving people win 10 keys so they can access the Cross-play? If not no worries just asking incase this is something that ses is doing. I know frontier development was doing it for elite dangerous when you bought through their site and later it was available for steam. 

Thanks in advance for any update on this

The problem with trucks falling through terrain seems to have improved. In some cases when I return to the area they appear to be slightly above the ground and drop back down when I enter the area. I've also seen them "pop up" as if they were stuck a tiny bit. So far, none of them have "quicksanded" on me into a cavern below. 

Steam/PC version.

Did you guys change code responsible for driving? Because.. I'm loving it now. I enjoy every second while driving my trucks :) 

Well, after loading the game - I was exploring some caves so the game was saved in a vehicle - I returned to my base only to see my rover sinking into the ground and disappearing forever. I also had a lot of resources stacked on the ground which almost entirely disappeared. But partially used energy (but actually empty) nuggest stayed safe.

29 minutes ago, DarkCeptor44 said:

Do I have to start a new world after updating my game to v0.2.10119?

Sometimes the saves break, sometimes not. It's not exactly consistent.