SES_Adam

"119" - January 21st, 2017

4 minutes ago, SpaceExplorer said:

Thanks devs! I appreciate you release patches for all platforms simultaneously now! That's the right approach, not letting XBOX fall behind. Thank you!

Haha, well ;) They are just holding onto the PC version until the xbox one gets through the microsoft certification process. So it 'appears' to be at the same time. Either way, we all get our updates, and life moves on. We all just wont see rapid hotfixes every other day. But even with the delay, SES seems more apt to pushing updates than many other early-access devs out there (who wait and only push single updates once a fricken month lol).

Woohoo!! Thanks guys! :) 

1 hour ago, NjalStorm said:

and i should specify:  you always could do the recovery but the tethers were not going back into your inventory.  now they are.

In fact, the bug was that it would only recover them if the top-left slot of your backpack was free. :)

Edited by Balerathon

This is the update I have been waiting for!  Cross playing does work though it took me a couple tries. I have now purchased 3 copies because of cross play. Have my PC logged in to run the server and then connect with our Xboxes. Well done on the updates!

anyone else seeing an issue with rover not going forward - when I try it just flips up like its grounded to something (tried building a brand new one as well)

Also can only put seat on one direction....

Edited by Shatznr

Performance on all 3 platforms looks like it went backward with the 119 patch. No matter if it's a new game or saved. Loss of frames, stuttering etc. PC Specs: AMD FX-9590, GTX 980(v376.33) @ 2560x1080.

Still cannot use the terrain tool on the radiation planet, the targeting cursor jumps/jerks all over the place -been like that since release day. Renders the planet very unplayable solo or grouped.

Terrain, after multiple reloads of a save game, eventually comes apart at the seams more and more. This normally leads to the planets showing up as halved or quartered when looking at them and what appears to be 'holes' in the terrain that you can see through and fall into.

Long distance rendering has been scaled back a bit too much. Please increase it.

Long distance rendering is also failing to show ground clutter like rocks etc when on a vehicle. So when you drive off and start moving, all of a sudden a bunch of rocks will show up and throw the vehicle all around.

The "seeds" on the taller flora remain static while the leaves themselves still move and blow around when it's windy.

Respawning into a Spaceship always puts the character exactly below the fuel container and half-way into the ground.

Respawning when playing in a co-op game as a client will put you into the original home base while the host may be off planet elsewhere. This happens either when joining another players game or dying and respawning.

The Main menu save game information on the UI is still cut off on 21:9 resolutions. Very hard to manage multiple games.

I have so many old, obsolete save games on my XBone, please please add in a delete/rename function on all platforms! (The XBone cloud just auto restores them when you manually delete)

On the UWP version, holding down the Alt key while also holding down WASD + RMB will lock the Astroneer and camera into an auto-run in that direction.

On the UWP version, the Terrain Tool settings(lower, raise, smooth) are a toggled state. While on Steam it is not.

On the UWP version, holding down the Alt key while also holding down WASD + RMB will lock the Astroneer and camera into an auto-run in that direction.

Confirm.

Also, I found some parts on a fallen shuttle, with no name on them. Bug or they are intentionally without a name?

I tweeted astroneer before the launch of the game about cross platform, I have this on steam and my gf has this on xbox, what's the chances of getting a win 10 copy as steam isn't cross platform?

4 hours ago, SES_Adam said:

patch119.jpg

Our latest patch for Astroneer is Patch 119 and it is now available on Xbox One, Windows 10, and Steam. Xbox One and Windows 10 users should expect a wait of 48 hours for the patch to reach their console or Windows 10 install.

BUILD NUMBER: 0.2.10119.0

1. Cross-play multiplayer between Xbox One and Windows 10 Store PC versions now works!
  2. Fix up the way that objects with research items get dug up. You can now kill hazards without uncovering their buried research item.
  3. Make spikers destroy after a bit when you dig them up.
  4. Spikers can be jumped on without hurting you, like that jellyfish scene from Finding Nemo.
  5. Improve the distance at which objects have physics, allowing (for example) zebra balls to roll further from player
  6. Fix the disappearance of vehicles and items, particularly when frame rates are low.
  7. A couple surprises you'll have to discover.

NOTES:

• Work is still underway for massive performance increases. Expect to see some of that in the next patch or so.
  • The team is moving offices! We're staying in Seattle but will be moving to a larger office so that we can grow our team. This is partly responsible for the increase in time between 117 and 119 patches.
  • We'll be doing a stream either this week coming up or first thing the following week to hopefully show off some of the new content coming to Astroneer.
  • Check our Twitter for the latest.

Edited by Kinergy

50 minutes ago, optyk said:

Performance on all 3 platforms looks like it went backward with the 119 patch. No matter if it's a new game or saved. Loss of frames, stuttering etc. PC Specs: AMD FX-9590, GTX 980(v376.33) @ 2560x1080.

Still cannot use the terrain tool on the radiation planet, the targeting cursor jumps/jerks all over the place -been like that since release day. Renders the planet very unplayable solo or grouped.

Terrain, after multiple reloads of a save game, eventually comes apart at the seams more and more. This normally leads to the planets showing up as halved or quartered when looking at them and what appears to be 'holes' in the terrain that you can see through and fall into.

Long distance rendering has been scaled back a bit too much. Please increase it.

Long distance rendering is also failing to show ground clutter like rocks etc when on a vehicle. So when you drive off and start moving, all of a sudden a bunch of rocks will show up and throw the vehicle all around.

The "seeds" on the taller flora remain static while the leaves themselves still move and blow around when it's windy.

Respawning into a Spaceship always puts the character exactly below the fuel container and half-way into the ground.

Respawning when playing in a co-op game as a client will put you into the original home base while the host may be off planet elsewhere. This happens either when joining another players game or dying and respawning.

The Main menu save game information on the UI is still cut off on 21:9 resolutions. Very hard to manage multiple games.

I have so many old, obsolete save games on my XBone, please please add in a delete/rename function on all platforms! (The XBone cloud just auto restores them when you manually delete)

On the UWP version, the Terrain Tool settings(lower, raise, smooth) are a toggled state. While on Steam it is not.

To get rid of all the saves including the Xbox cloud make sure to click on the save file then select delete from everywhere. The delete all option only deletes are local saves and settings.

Edited by Jeremy Mattsen

4 hours ago, NjalStorm said:

on xbox goto ' my games and apps' or right click on Astroneer, click on manage game and move down to updates.  pay attention to the last update timestamp; sometimes Xbox auto-downloads, like mine did this time, last time i had to do manually.  don't forget to shut down and pull the power cord, so you can initiate a true reboot.

There's no need to ever pull the cable on your Xbox to reboot it. Hold down the power button on the front of it for 10 seconds and that is a hard restart. Same thing as pulling the cable out and plugging it back in but less wear and tear and reaching into scary places.

2 hours ago, Kinergy said:

I tweeted astroneer before the launch of the game about cross platform, I have this on steam and my gf has this on xbox, what's the chances of getting a win 10 copy as steam isn't cross platform?

I agree with this.  If the two different PC builds are not going to have the same features, the least you could do is give us access to both of them.  I do not want to have to buy this game twice to be able to access cross platform multiplayer.

4 hours ago, Jeremy Mattsen said:

This is the update I have been waiting for!  Cross playing does work though it took me a couple tries. I have now purchased 3 copies because of cross play. Have my PC logged in to run the server and then connect with our Xboxes. Well done on the updates!

Badass.

I'd love to hear from you after you and your friends have had a chance to play this game a bit with this set up. From the console side of things, how was performance on the game since a PC was handling the server (which is heavily CPU bound).

Adam

9 minutes ago, simonizor said:

I agree with this.  If the two different PC builds are not going to have the same features, the least you could do is give us access to both of them.  I do not want to have to buy this game twice to be able to access cross platform multiplayer.

We've stated multiple times that, at least for the near future, Steam will also be contained to itself and our intention was to support CrossPlay on UWP only for the time being.

13 minutes ago, simonizor said:

There's no switch we can flip to allow Steam users to play with Microsoft users. There's an incredible amount of backend work for that to happen since our MP stems from their online infrastructure (friends list, etc). Maybe one day - we'd love for this to happen - but its something we've never promised. It is something, however, we'll strive for all in due time.

4 hours ago, SpaceExplorer said:

Thanks devs! I appreciate you release patches for all platforms simultaneously now! That's the right approach, not letting XBOX fall behind. Thank you!

It's the wrong approach. Xbox won't get faster updates because of a deliberate delay of PC updates, it could be only harmful for bug findings. They wouldn't do this if they are serious to their PC customers. Do you also ask for graphics downgrades such as fps, resolution, detail level in the future to make sure PC isn't better than console? I bet you would like this approach.

2 minutes ago, mikk said:

It's the wrong approach. Xbox won't get faster updates because of a deliberate delay of PC updates, it could be only harmful for bug findings. They wouldn't do this if they are serious to their PC customers. Do you also ask for graphics downgrades such as fps, resolution, detail level in the future to make sure PC isn't better than console? I bet you would like this approach.

I don't understand your dislike of the release model, your game won't be fixed any faster, kind of a moot point. 

I have a question about new content. Does new content spawn/appear within existing saves, or do you have to start a new save (world) to get the new content?

In an existing save file where I had parked a truck full of resources before saving my game, I can no longer drive that truck. Or my rover. I am testing on a new save now but it appears to be a collision issue with the ground.

I'm loving the game, but it somewhat lacks longevity, I'm a game developer from New Zealand and would love to work with you!, if you need a Modeler, Rigger, Animation, Designer artist. I would love to create a diverse range of creatures that inhabit the planets, whilst learning everything you have to offer!.

I'm under contract not to disclose my current work so my old work is on my portfolio, doing hundreds of modular building blocks.

http://juanegray.wixsite.com/juanegray

Edited by twitch.tv/killa2471

6 minutes ago, twitch.tv/killa2471 said:

I'm loving the game, but it somewhat lacks longevity, I'm a game developer from New Zealand and would love to work with you!, if you need a Modeler, Rigger, Animation, Designer artist. I would love to create a diverse range of creatures that inhabit the planets, whilst learning everything you have to offer!.

I'm under contract not to disclose my current work so my old work is on my portfolio, doing hundreds of modular building blocks.

http://juanegray.wixsite.com/juanegray

Hello fellow kiwi, where abouts are you based?