SES_Adam

"119" - January 21st, 2017

patch119.jpg

Our latest patch for Astroneer is Patch 119 and it is now available on Xbox One, Windows 10, and Steam. Xbox One and Windows 10 users should expect a wait of 48 hours for the patch to reach their console or Windows 10 install.

BUILD NUMBER: 0.2.10119.0

1. Cross-play multiplayer between Xbox One and Windows 10 Store PC versions now works!
  2. Fix up the way that objects with research items get dug up. You can now kill hazards without uncovering their buried research item.
  3. Make spikers destroy after a bit when you dig them up.
  4. Spikers can be jumped on without hurting you, like that jellyfish scene from Finding Nemo.
  5. Improve the distance at which objects have physics, allowing (for example) zebra balls to roll further from player
  6. Fix the disappearance of vehicles and items, particularly when frame rates are low.
  7. A couple surprises you'll have to discover.

NOTES:

• Work is still underway for massive performance increases. Expect to see some of that in the next patch or so.
  • The team is moving offices! We're staying in Seattle but will be moving to a larger office so that we can grow our team. This is partly responsible for the increase in time between 117 and 119 patches.
  • We'll be doing a stream either this week coming up or first thing the following week to hopefully show off some of the new content coming to Astroneer.
  • Check our Twitter for the latest.

I've been unable to join a cross platform game between W10 and X1, I get the options to join but it either hangs on the X1 then eventually loads a separate game or it just loads a separate game on Win 10

6 minutes ago, Tom Heath said:

I've been unable to join a cross platform game between W10 and X1, I get the options to join but it either hangs on the X1 then eventually loads a separate game or it just loads a separate game on Win 10

Are both versions of the game on Version 119? As noted, it will take up to 48 hours for the Microsoft platforms to get the update. Some may have it now, some may have it in 2 days. 

Just now, SES_Adam said:

Are both versions of the game on Version 119? As noted, it will take up to 48 hours for the Microsoft platforms to get the update. Some may have it now, some may have it in 2 days. 

Yeah, both are up to date, both games are coming up as joinable. We have tried multiple permutations for eg.

Tried to just join.

Tried joining from X1

Tried joining from Xbox app on Win10

Tried joining from party

Tried parties from both ends

All end up the same, when joining from X1 if the game is loaded to the main menu it restarts the game and then hangs on the loading screen before restarting the loading screen and then loading into a separate game

When joining from dashboard it starts up the game and follows the same as above.

When joining X1 from Windows with game closed it just loads up solo, when joining from loaded game nothing happens.

Will you be able to play between steam, windows 10, and xbox 1 in the future? I have more friends with xbox than a gaming pc. 

it hit my Xbox.  i have been vehicle spelunking for the last couple of days, so i can't verify anything with the outside world or my bases, but it appears smoother underground and the wildlife is different. 

Should be 119 now on public branch for steam. Relaunch steam if your library isnt show a pending update.

6 minutes ago, Frigidman said:

Should be 119 now on public branch for steam. Relaunch steam if your library isnt show a pending update.

on xbox goto ' my games and apps' or right click on Astroneer, click on manage game and move down to updates.  pay attention to the last update timestamp; sometimes Xbox auto-downloads, like mine did this time, last time i had to do manually.  don't forget to shut down and pull the power cord, so you can initiate a true reboot.

7 minutes ago, NjalStorm said:

.... ohh and i can quick recover the tethers again...... nice.

How does one quick recover tethers?

My friend and I play on W10. Weve been experienced a bug where when we respawn from a death, we fall through the map, and die. And then, it escalated and while i was offline, he said our base, all platforms, and vehicles, fell through the map, as well. Cant seem to find out where to report this.

on xbox you run by them, they are highlighted, you pull right trigger to grab, then 'B'

11 minutes ago, Shatznr said:

Shift-Click them (on PC, not sure how on xbox).

Edit: Really wish we all have 'icons' by our names showing what platform we play on, so we know how to properly answer some questions ;)

Edited by Frigidman

11 minutes ago, Shatznr said:

and i should specify:  you always could do the recovery but the tethers were not going back into your inventory.  now they are.

4 minutes ago, Frigidman said:

Edit: Really wish we all have 'icons' by our names showing what platform we play on, so we know how to properly answer some questions ;)

that is a great idea.

52 minutes ago, Frigidman said:

Thanks - appreciate it.  I have been playing on both platforms so you guys have me covered :-)

Thanks devs! I appreciate you release patches for all platforms simultaneously now! That's the right approach, not letting XBOX fall behind. Thank you!