Looney Tunes

Crafted batteries vs. Printed batteries

Each bar is four units of power.  A backpack has ten units of power.

It costs 2 x Lithium for each printed Battery, which will provide 16 bars (or 64 units) of available power.

It costs 1 x Lithium for each crafted Battery,  that will give two bars (or eight units) of available power.

Hypothetically, if you had 32 x Lithium as resources on hand with this knowledge about two types of batteries, would you avoid crafting a Battery and use 2 x Lithium to print a Battery, so you can free up all slots on your Backpack?

Or to ask from another perspective, how many crafted Batteries would be reasonable to put on your Backpack at the most?

Depends on your play style, if you tether all the way down a cave, then you don't really need any on your backpack.

I usually use one to help increase my gun's usage time.

48 minutes ago, Forgo said:

Depends on your play style, if you tether all the way down a cave, then you don't really need any on your backpack.

I usually use one to help increase my gun's usage time.

I do use tether lines and I discovered that your backpack maximum of 10 increased to 18 units with a battery pack do help with gun's use time.  I have to release the gun very briefly to "recharge."  That will happen when the rate of discharge is slightly faster or faster than the rate of recharge on the surface.

The only advantage to the smaller batteries is being able to carry them. Or on a vehicle storage if just a few is enough and you want to combine small solar or wind to save space.

but since you would need all 8 spots of that storage filled to get the same capacity, it hardly seems worth it. Zero gain on space, and a lot more expensive.. obviously better to go large and tether back to it!

Thanks for this. Typically I'll play with two extra tanks and two batteries in my pack.

And I didn't do the research but it shows my results using pack batteries to power an underground research station. For the record, it was so far underground it wasn't practical to attempt building nodes all the way up to collect power, so I connected a large solar panel on the surface, tethered down and charged them on my pack. Yeah, a PIA to switch out but not too bad in a pinch like that. It only required 32 units to charge it up.

Edited by travin