Ok so I don't know if this is just me but in the past five saves I've made, I start out with a decent amount of compound, but after a while I can't find any compound for miles and honestly it's a huge problem. In games like Minecraft (sorry to make this comparison) one of the most essential materials for crafting is wood, which is made abundant near spawn, and really  just surrounds the whole world. I understand the concept of scavenging and actually having to look for certain materials but i now have five save files that i can no longer play because I have no compound. Also, i never waste tethers; i place them as far apart as possible. Another thing: what's up with all the resin? If it's something wrong with my copy of the game, please tell me if there is a solution to this. Also, please tell me if you agree. I really can't play the game with such a lack of compound.

Finding compound on the earthlike planet was never a problem for me. On other planets it becomes rare. So I had change my build and search strategy. 

Searching in caves was one solution. Also there often was a lot of hydrazine when there was no compound. So you can "import" compound from other planets until you can build a trading platform.

1 hour ago, DarthxGeek said:

Ok so I don't know if this is just me but in the past five saves I've made, I start out with a decent amount of compound, but after a while I can't find any compound for miles and honestly it's a huge problem. In games like Minecraft (sorry to make this comparison) one of the most essential materials for crafting is wood, which is made abundant near spawn, and really  just surrounds the whole world. I understand the concept of scavenging and actually having to look for certain materials but i now have five save files that i can no longer play because I have no compound. Also, i never waste tethers; i place them as far apart as possible. Another thing: what's up with all the resin? If it's something wrong with my copy of the game, please tell me if there is a solution to this. Also, please tell me if you agree. I really can't play the game with such a lack of compound.

Fill your holes then let them regen a few days..the nodes seem to re-grow but only if they have been refilled.

Find more caves. Or make a truck. You will find tons. I circled the starting planet in about 20 minutes and I got a lot of compound along the way. I couldn't fit it all and there is still tons everywhere.

Also remember that nodes of materials are spread throughout the planet, even inside the ground. Just like Minecraft (sorry too :P) it may be usefull to dig mines in order to find materials. ;)

Notice that coumpound "fontains" also exist, just like the one for resin, oxygen and energy. ;)

Even if it seem to be hard to find one.

Astroneer - coumpound fontain.png