Conveyor Belt for tether idea

FinlayM123

My idea is that you may be able to upgrade existing tethers, or upgrade them in your inventory, so that they have a small conveyor attached to the top or side, that you can place items on that will be carried to where ever  the tether or conveyor belt ends. You would probably need to power it somehow, so you could also place a solar panel on top of a tether point to give that section power (and maybe three  other sections each way)  This way people mining can easily send their items back to base, with having to build a buggy or just run back to base, improving productivity.

+1

With one change. Have a flat conveyor that the player can tether. While tethers are cheap and easy for exploring.

+1 but conveyors shoul be more expensive (maybe triple price of tethers) 

Edited by Fly Boy
Typo

I mentioned earlier that the tethers should have a single point attachment on the top. Do that, keep the tethers the same amount of material to build. Then, you can make the conveyor a separate item. So, you could attach the conveyor to any single point socket. Now, here's where it gets interesting. Make a storage silo at your base.  Maybe make it a component that holds 3 rows of 8, but round. These would have double attachments on the top and bottom, so you would attach them to the base modules. and you can stack them. Now wherever you place one of these, the material on your conveyor chain would go to the nearest one of these for storage. Oh, and they need power to run the conveyor. Also, when you have a conveyor chain active on your line, any materials you collect immediately go from your pack to the conveyor when your pack is full.

Now, blowing your mind, The silos can be stacked, turned horizontally, and mounted to wheels and towed like a tanker truck, then, you run your tethers from the truck into the cave, link your converyors to the silo. MINING TRUCK!!!   

I also don't think there needs to be conveyor belts. The item could just teleport to the next conveyor once every 2-3 seconds. Maybe you only need one conveyor per 2 or 3 tethers.

one of the reasons why this is a good ideal but with problems is that the whole ideal is to go out and explore. an auto conveyer makes the astroneer nothing but a fat couch beast. Try a truck with storage on it ( which already exists in the game) O.o

On 1/21/2017 at 0:30 PM, Northstarranger said:

one of the reasons why this is a good ideal but with problems is that the whole ideal is to go out and explore. an auto conveyer makes the astroneer nothing but a fat couch beast. Try a truck with storage on it ( which already exists in the game) O.o

I can't disagree with you. I would like more storage on the vehicle though so making a trailer would be nice.

On 21/01/2017 at 6:30 PM, Northstarranger said:

+1

Making the thethers capable of moving resources automaticlly to the base will break all the interest of the vehicules.

Great concepts, both the belt + silos and creating mining trucks.

I typically build a small rover, pulling a second rover for mining exploration. With one storage unit on the lead rover, it allows me to take tons of material, in my backpack and the storage unit plus 2 research artifacts. This model has worked well but has its own limitations, IE ensuring ramps in deep mines are easy to drive out of.

On 1/20/2017 at 8:09 AM, FinlayM123 said:

My idea is that you may be able to upgrade existing tethers, or upgrade them in your inventory, so that they have a small conveyor attached to the top or side, that you can place items on that will be carried to where ever  the tether or conveyor belt ends. You would probably need to power it somehow, so you could also place a solar panel on top of a tether point to give that section power (and maybe three  other sections each way)  This way people mining can easily send their items back to base, with having to build a buggy or just run back to base, improving productivity.

I like the idea of upgraded tethers so you can power a few of them far from the base but with some limitations.
For example you can only upgrade the starting tether (to slot a small solar panel / wind vane on it), just to power all the connected tethers during a specific time.
As it is now  you can just park a rover / truck next to a tether and power the whole line.

The conveyor sounds good but i'm not sure about it. Sounds broken as hell to be honest.
It's not even about resources, imagine sending all the unknown items ( used for research) that you can send to surface with this method.