kioga

Lets name the Astroneer characters!

Well we have (for now) 4 different "Characters/suits" to choose from, but they are nameless, classless but so full of character that i think each one deserve a name. I hate calling my favorite character "the orange one" and i totally prefer to call it "Mike" or "Ace" ( because that kind of orange space suit its called Advanced Crew Escape Suit ACES).

So lets all suggest names for the crew and maybe we can choose the winners and have some kind of callout for every character when we talk about them in the forums!

List of characters (tell me if im wrong please!) and my name suggestions:

• Default one (the standard first one): Indie (he is an adventurer like Indiana Jones)
  • Heavy Suit: Bob..  well it looks like a Boob to me.
  • Orange suit: Ace (already explained)
  • Slim suit: Flash (i know its bad.. but im in the office with little time to think something better).

Please write your name suggestions and why (if there is a reason) you choose those names!!

Sorry for bad english

Edited by kioga

They do have names, the ones that you just gave them, and I think that's all that needs to happen.

The more imagination required by this game or any other is better than having to define, label and explain everything.

After all, the core of 'discovery' is just that, not being spoon-fed or hand-held when exploring Astroneer, especially for the first time.

2 hours ago, ent|ty said:

They do have names, the ones that you just gave them, and I think that's all that needs to happen.

The more imagination required by this game or any other is better than having to define, label and explain everything.

After all, the core of 'discovery' is just that, not being spoon-fed or hand-held when exploring Astroneer, especially for the first time.

Agreed. I feel one of the best parts of the game is that it can be what each of us wants it to be. No sheep allowed! 

I've named the guy in the 'fat suit' Marvin. Anyone who's seen the 2005 Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy film will understand why. 

IMG_8726.JPG

@Davers73 oohh Marvin the depressed robot!! love that character, and he really look a lot like the fat suit lool!

@Northstarranger it would be great to have the hability to name them (with a default name for the ones that dont care about), and i think that can also help with the problem of the nameless saves files, using the name of the character as something to identify the saves.

Edited by kioga

There are four founders of system era.

Adam, Jacob, Paul and Brendan. 

now we just have to find a fit. 

Edited by Forgo

as purely a joke the 4 stooges come to mind ( as they rush around trying to find things and make comments at the same time) purely as a joke, I have great respect for them and how hard it is to do their jobs:)

21 hours ago, Northstarranger said:

if we later in the game were allowed to put a name above the figure that would be great , but to have the names thrust on us imho would be the wrong ideal.

If this were to happen I would assume it would be your gamertag/steam name.

if the do that now as I see on most of the streams that's ok but no I was talking about an individual name may be under the user name for the  astroneer

Simular to this       North

( north star ranger)

1 hour ago, Northstarranger said:

if the do that now as I see on most of the streams that's ok but no I was talking about an individual name may be under the user name for the  astroneer

Simular to this       North

( north star ranger)

Bleah, walls of text floating above heads. So MMORPG. So long as such a feature comes with another setting to 'hide all that junk'. Especially when its just two of us, we clearly know who is who, and don't need this giant name floating above our heads.

23 hours ago, Davers73 said:

I've named the guy in the 'fat suit' Marvin. Anyone who's seen the 2005 Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy film will understand why. 

IMG_8726.JPG

Jek Porkins

I like some of these, but maybe you could make your own character names. I always lose track of my saves, so this might be a useful feature. 

7 hours ago, Fragman said:

I think he is not fat. He is She. It's girl.

Girls can be fat. And how sure are you that "Jek" isn't a unisex name?

Astroneer_Hero_JPG-hero.jpg

From left to right

1. Charlie Dakota 
    • Origin: USA
    • Traits Androgynous: None of Charlie's friend know's his/her true gender identity, but charlie still respond to whatever pronouns given to
    • Ability Psionic Genderswap: Charlie has the ability to project what any character would look like if they're born with the opposite gender trough sketches and doodles
  2. Jeffery Jones "JJ"
    • Origin: French
    • Trait Average Joe: JJ is famous for being so normal it's actually disturbing, His favorite ice cream flavor is vanilla and he likes long walk on the beach
    • Ability Downward Flight: JJ is able to fly telekinetically fly downward, but the acceleration is limited to the planet's gravity
  3. Vladimir Gagarin
    • Origin: Russia
    • Traits Good Cook: Vlad used to have his own cooking show called "Planet Gourment", that is until he decided to pick astroneering as a hobby
    • Ability Hydrophilic Pyromorphosis: Vlad has the ability to set himself on fire but he can only do it when submerged in Dihydrogen Monoxyde
  4. Alan "Armstrong" Steward
    • Origin: Germany
    • Traits Vine Star: Armstong used to have massive amount of follower in twitter due to his attractiveness, He helped the funding of the astroneer project using his influence trough donations from his fans
    • Ability Mirror Photography: Armstrong's natural narcissism enables him to take mirror selfie in faster ratio than an average human could
Edited by Lithium

Oooh god @Lithium you really take this serius!!  love the bio info.

I think the slim one its s an asian loli girl with short blue hair and some tsundere attitude.

On 1/23/2017 at 3:03 AM, Lithium said:

From left to right

1. Jek Porkins
    • Origin: Gravytown, Kansahoma
    • Traits Androgynous: Copious amounts of drought and famine resistance.
    • Ability Pilot:  Can fly just about everything but...has a problem here.....
  2. Jeffery Jones "JJ"
    • Trait Average Joe: JJ is famous for being so normal it's actually disturbing, His favorite ice cream flavor is vanilla and he likes long walk on the beach
    • Ability Downward Flight: JJ is able to fly telekinetically fly downward, but the acceleration is limited to the planet's gravity
  3. Vladimir Gagarin
    • Traits Good Cook: Vlad used to have his own cooking show called "Planet Gourment", that is until he decided to pick astroneering as a hobby
    • Ability Hydrophilic Pyromorphosis: Vlad has the ability to set himself on fire but he can only do it when submerged in Dihydrogen Monoxyde
    • Traits Vine Star: Armstong used to have massive amount of follower in twitter due to his attractiveness, He helped the funding of the astroneer project using his influence trough donations from his fans
    • Ability Mirror Photography: Armstrong's natural narcissism enables him to take mirror selfie in faster ratio than an average human could

@Lithium:P

On 23.01.2017 at 2:03 PM, Lithium said:

From left to right

1. Charlie Dakota 
    • Origin: USA
    • Traits Androgynous: None of Charlie's friend know's his/her true gender identity, but charlie still respond to whatever pronouns given to
    • Ability Psionic Genderswap: Charlie has the ability to project what any character would look like if they're born with the opposite gender trough sketches and doodles
  2. Jeffery Jones "JJ"
  3. Vladimir Gagarin

Why Gagarin is Vladimir?