link23454

A feature to help picky builders. Manipulating the cursor.

Esentially, the idea is only to change/add the capabilities of the gun. As it stands, I'm not sure how pc players find the cursor they use to be, but for xbox, it's hard to determine what surface you are actually manipulating when hou are flattening terrain.

So, my idea is to add the ability to manipulate the plane of the cursor using the d-pad to change the control scheme in cursor mode to be able to angle it the way way you want to by using the right stick (for xbox. Not too sure how I would make it work for pc, as I haven't had a pc to play on in a very long time). 

If this is too vague, I can't think of any other way to explain it, and I'm no artist, but I could try to draw up a rough sketch of what it might look like. Just let me know what you think.

Edited by link23454
Unclear explanation

I play on PC.

If I'm right, the angle of the flattening surface is set by the angle of the triangle face at the center of the round zone.

This is the behavior I have observed.

Until yesterday, I was also wondering how it really work. :P

2 hours ago, link23454 said:

Esentially, the idea is only to change/add the capabilities of the gun. As it stands, I'm not sure how pc players find the cursor they use to be, but for xbox, it's hard to determine what surface you are actually manipulating when hou are flattening terrain.

So, my idea is to add the ability to manipulate the plane of the cursor using the d-pad to change the control scheme in cursor mode to be able to angle it the way way you want to by using the right stick (for xbox. Not too sure how I would make it work for pc, as I haven't had a pc to play on in a very long time). 

If this is too vague, I can't think of any other way to explain it, and I'm no artist, but I could try to draw up a rough sketch of what it might look like. Just let me know what you think.

I have played few hours already on xbox and i agree with fact that terrain gun should get some edit.

I've found quite annoying the sensitivity of the gun, i think it should be edited to make it a little bit less 'aggresive' when you add or remove terrain.

What im trying to say is that i think if you will make it easier, actually slower, you propably will help to release 'builders' creativity , and generally make the gameplay and exploring more enjoyable, as it is very annoying sometimes, or it is just me?! :D

I hope you understand me, sorry for kinda offtop, but i think this request isnt so big to make new treat.

Thnaks! 

12 hours ago, Gwido said:

I play on PC.

If I'm right, the angle of the flattening surface is set by the angle of the triangle face at the center of the round zone.

This is the behavior I have observed.

Until yesterday, I was also wondering how it really work. :P

I figured this much for xbox as well. That's fine and all; I figure for building freedom, adding the ability to manipulate the angle of the cursor itself would just be a nice addition.