WildTiger

XB1 Cursor skips - anyone had this problem? (video)

This problem only happened to me on Radiated world, never before on other planets.

While flattening the terrain, only when the cursor turns blue, I struggle because it skips a short distance right in front of me, making terraforming much harder than it should be.

When the cursor is green, it doesn't skip anymore.

Please check the video, to see the problem, at 00:15 (15 seconds), 00:20, 00:32.

Anyone had the same issue?

GameClip-Original.mp4

Yep. I have experienced that problem a lot of times. Quite very irritating really...

I've also found out that you can't add new ground after mining those hard grey rock formations that have resources in them.

12 hours ago, TrojanSteel said:

The vid won't open for me but I have had that happen to me,  thought it might have been my controller but wasn't.

Hmmm... It's a mp4. Something wrong with the video? I can open it here. Try Media Player, VNC, Quicktime?

5 hours ago, Elysia_1 said:

Yep. I have experienced that problem a lot of times. Quite very irritating really...

I've also found out that you can't add new ground after mining those hard grey rock formations that have resources in them.

A lot of times? Seems a common problem then. Yes it is irritating, especially for someone who's a perfectionist like me, I almost have OCD that tells me to flatten eveything perfectly to make the ground look as smooth as a NHL stadium's ice floor. I tend to flatten ramps, bridges, you name it, everything under the sun. Oddly enough, it appears this bug only happens to the flattening tool, not to the other 2 tools (escavate and increase land tool).

I only noticed this issue for the 1st time on Radiated, on all other planets before it didn't happen to me, on Terran, Barren, Exotic, Arid or Tundra. Not sure if it only happens on Radiated or on any planet.

I'm not sure what you mean by hard grey rock formations. If the gray you mention is dark gray, you must be talking about the dark gray floor under your base platforms, that you can never terraform?