How do I...?

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9.1.2017 at 9:35 PM, surgus said:

How to find my vehicle lost somewhere on the planet?

Probably use a spaceshuttle to the orbit and you might see the vehicle sign when flying around. Remember the position in relation to your base, return to your base and move into that direction.

Only way I could think of at the moment.

On 12/19/2016 at 2:15 PM, Preyhunter said:

On Xbox here:  How do I add dirt / ground?  What components or items do I need?

I play on Steam and so far as i know to add ground instead of mining it away i need to press ALT or CTRL (not sure which one).
The mining tool haves alter mining modes so it can also "generate" dirt/ground. I dont know the key needed to activate this alternative mode on xbox though...

EDIT: Whoops seemed i was on a old page, sorry i did not notice until now O.o

Edited by Docktor Dicking
7 minutes ago, Rhoany_xD said:

How do I use this strange Sphere D: ?!
I can't put in the Research D: and I have no idea what is :( 

strangespehre.jpg

its called a zebra ball and its useless its used for gravity test by the devs

3 hours ago, MR TRIPLE said:

its called a zebra ball and its useless its used for gravity test by the devs

:( I was so curious about it, tought that could be something new  :( 

Thanks!

10 hours ago, Rhoany_xD said:

:( I was so curious about it, tought that could be something new  :( 

Thanks!

You can try to find more ! And eventually amaze everyone with the amount of balls you got :P

9 hours ago, nicogomez2649 said:

How do i drive the crane im on xbox one and i doesnt understand how to control it please help ¡

Is the same control to your astroner, with the left analog control. It's confuse, moders need to take care with this. You every time go to the front. If you press the analog down then the vehicle will turn to go back.  

Edit: sorry, I was crazy LoL. Just attach in front of hour car and press RT driving, it's to hardness rock like lithium. 

Edited by Fabiano Figueiredo
33 minutes ago, Fabiano Figueiredo said:

Is the same control to your astroner, with the left analog control. It's confuse, moders need to take care with this. You every time go to the front. If you press the analog down then the vehicle will turn to go back.  

Edit: sorry, I was crazy LoL. Just attach in front of hour car and press RT driving, it's to hardness rock like lithium. 

Please, forgive this! I don't understood what mean crane, but Now i know.  You need to attach a drill in the crane and drill like in this video. 

14 hours ago, Fabiano Figueiredo said:

Please, forgive this! I don't understood what mean crane, but Now i know.  You need to attach a drill in the crane and drill like in this video. 

Thanks ¡¡ i think that im learning how to drive it ??

On 12/17/2016 at 6:58 AM, luca morelli said:

How do I use Research and other structures? I created them but when I click on them I obtain just an exclamation mark

U have to find unknowns and put them on

MY PROBLEM: astroneer is very laggy with my inputs (when i move the camera, the game will do it 1 sec after i have) and the same with his movement.

DESCRIPTION:i have seen others play the game smoothly on you tube and what not. this game is relatively small in comparison to others but it still lowers the frame rate down to 20ish making it very slow to do much with high amount of enjoyable. i have turned down the resolution, draw distance to make it better but still no change. every action i take the game does 1 second after i put it in

i dont have to old of a computer it is about 4 years old and can smoothly run much larger games like dota 2 and warframe no problem. so if you could look into this that would mean a lot i also might no be the only one with this issue

if there is some easy way to fix the problem that i accidentally glanced over please contact me with a way to do so

Thank you

How do i get this game for free? =P

i saw some reviews on steam from ppl who got it as a gift and i want one too >.<

just saw this game on MxR plays and just fell in love for astroneer, great mechanics, beautiful artwork and cool building system.

Awwww... now after reading your story i feel like a jerk for asking this, so nvm...

I want to help this game grow with ideas and bug reporting! already talking to my friends about this game

cya ;) (please delete these comments...)

23 minutes ago, HolySoul said:

Awwww... now after reading your story i feel like a jerk for asking this, so nvm...

I want to help this game grow with ideas and bug reporting! already talking to my friends about this game

cya ;) (please delete these comments...)

Welcome to the community ;) 

On 12/16/2016 at 10:42 PM, Mentaltentacle said:

How do I find my base if I go off in my rover and lose sight of the bubble?

Method One: dead reckoning (sometimes works)

Method Two: Pray (often works well with method one)

Method Three: Die (you will end up back at your hab module... then go up in a shuttle, have a look around for your vehicle beacon, make another vehicle and go out and get it back. oh, and take beacons... lots of beacons)

On 17.12.2016 at 3:55 PM, GregBlast said:

Ok thanks. So basically I just have to go deeper ? Thought it might be found on some planets only or something. Because I never found any so far.

Coal can be found in the artefacts too (that's where I got it from) so it's definitely worth it to gather the spheres hanging on trees, can be found under plants or rocks or even near crashed spaceships. You can find rare resouces like titanium and lithium in those artifacts too. Moreover u need them to research new stuff.

On 1/12/2017 at 2:12 PM, Rhoany_xD said:

How do I use this strange Sphere D: ?!
I can't put in the Research D: and I have no idea what is :( 

strangespehre.jpg

Make a slide and roll it down.  Someone found two Zebra balls, which merged into a single ball with a checker pattern when he logged back into the game.

On 12/16/2016 at 0:42 PM, Mentaltentacle said:

How do I find my base if I go off in my rover and lose sight of the bubble?

Two things may have happened; there may currently be a storm, which limits visibility. If this is the case wait for the storm to pass. If this is not so, the best way to get back is to look for familiar landmarks or tethers that you placed. These of coarse will get you close enough to your home for you to see it's icon.

Edited by fischfun