SES_Adam

How do I...?

2 minutes ago, sTiVo said:

It is in Options, Audio. 

sTiVo

OK, next dumb question - where is the options menu? It's not mentioned on the Astroneer wiki.

Never mind, I found it - press Escape key.

On 12/18/2016 at 1:52 PM, Teutatis said:

No idea, that pipe point your mousing over should change to an extension pipe. Do you need resin on the craft? or power?

On 12/18/2016 at 0:59 PM, Proxy said:

how do i Extend this Connector to make a New base on a Planet?

GIF of what i mean.

I've been having this problem as well. It worked the first time I landed with the shuttle but after that no blue connecter tube sprang up even with resin and power being abundant on the shuttle and in my backpack.

3 minutes ago, Aech said:

I've been having this problem as well. It worked the first time I landed with the shuttle but after that no blue connecter tube sprang up even with resin and power being abundant on the shuttle and in my backpack.

As it Turned out, it was just a Bugged Shuttle. i made a second one and it worked...

(which Reminds me, i wish you could send a Shuttle without a Person in them... as Cargo, but so that you can Still land on the same Landing Area as it, but not at the Exact Same Spot... because you don't want to Land ontop of your Cargo Shuttle xD)

Alright, found a Little Problem.

i got a Small base on the Radiated Planet, but when i wanted to get more Resrouces (Resin, Compound, Aluminium, Coal, etc.) an came back to the Planet. i noticed that i can't Fucking Tell. Where i made my Base. i thought Everything you build on a Planet (Rover, Station, etc.) had a Signal to see where it is.

I encountered this once or twice myself. It is a minor bug in the game (being pre-Alpha, and all). I, myself, panicked the first time it happened, as I thought I was lost.

The solution is (usually) to exit the game and reload.

sTiVo

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 10:56 PM, GGCrosby said:

How do i flip my vehicles?

Even though I am a newbie I don't believe that there is any way to be able to flip your vehicle without using another vehicle. However, you could try making another rover and push it so that it flips back over.

When I first started playing, I presumed that would be a bad thing and laboriously dug under the vehicle until it righted itself.

*facepalm*

sTiVo

On Thursday, December 29, 2016 at 9:06 PM, Proxy said:

As it Turned out, it was just a Bugged Shuttle. i made a second one and it worked...

(which Reminds me, i wish you could send a Shuttle without a Person in them... as Cargo, but so that you can Still land on the same Landing Area as it, but not at the Exact Same Spot... because you don't want to Land ontop of your Cargo Shuttle xD)

Although I'm still stuck. I don't have any room to build another vehicle bay and the one I  currently have is taken up by the shuttle. Is there a way to delete bays or move the shuttle without launching?

On 12/18/2016 at 7:58 AM, buzzard31581 said:

How do I launch a spaceship or shuttle on Xbox One? The button is there, I just have no way to click on it. The only way I've found to click on buttons on my base components so far is to open my backpack, which you can't do when in a seat or a pod.

You need to feul up before flight

That is, unfortunately, a mistake I (and many others) made early on. You cannot extend out from any finished platform, such as Printer or Vehicle bay.

When you bring a platform out and place one resin on it, you are then prompted to place two resin. Instead of placing those resin, instead extend out by clicking on the connection port and place one resin to bring out another platform.

I generally try to place the basis for my entire base before I build more than one or two finished platforms.

I hope this helps!

sTiVo

P.S. Don't feel bad about starting over; there is a lot more to do! :D

4 hours ago, Buzz_Lightyear said:

Hi, i'm a newbie on astroneer. I already built the four nodes from the pod but i need more to continue and i can't them. How do i do, please? (Sorry for bad English)

For now I don't think there is a way to delete any of the nodes you build. That being said,  if you're careful you can fit six nodes into one habitat (starting home base). The only way to build more is to build a shuttle, land in a different place and go from there. You can bring along a habitat so that you can make a second home base. Be aware though that I've come across a bug where after landing once with the shuttle and taking off again, the next time you land no nodes are available to be built using the shuttle again. I haven't tried it out with the habitat yet though. 

No this is incorrect. You can extend out, as I said in my above message. Please read the posts before posting further.

sTiVo

20 minutes ago, sTiVo said:

That is, unfortunately, a mistake I (and many others) made early on. You cannot extend out from any finished platform, such as Printer or Vehicle bay.

When you bring a platform out and place one resin on it, you are then prompted to place two resin. Instead of placing those resin, instead extend out by clicking on the connection port and place one resin to bring out another platform.

I generally try to place the basis for my entire base before I build more than one or two finished platforms.

I hope this helps!

sTiVo

P.S. Don't feel bad about starting over; there is a lot more to do! :D

I didn't even know this was a thing. Thank you, it has been a serious problem for me for some time now. here's a pic for those who are still uncertainScreenshot (6).png

8 hours ago, Buzz_Lightyear said:

Hi, i'm a newbie on astroneer. I already built the four nodes from the pod but i need more to continue and i can't them. How do i do, please? (Sorry for bad English)

Simple, when you Extend a Part by Putting Resin on the Hologram, Extend it again instead of Putting 2 Resin on it.

like This:

MJVGY04.png

It is a very Simple Concept and easy to Spot when you look at The parts.

but seeing how many People don't know this... there should maybe be a Extended Tutorial Ingame.

Thanks for answers! Fortunately, i found the blueprint for habitat few minutes after my first post and began to build a new base near of the first. Actually, I'm building a a new base on Barren. :D

How do I get to other planets?

I know, it's a stupid question, but I couldn't find answers.

I am with a Shuttle in space, and I can go to other spaces from my planet, but if I wanna go to other planets, and click on them, nothing happens.

HOW CAN I GO ON OTHER PLANETS? :(

6 minutes ago, Reymps said:

How do I get to other planets?

I know, it's a stupid question, but I couldn't find answers.

I am with a Shuttle in space, and I can go to other spaces from my planet, but if I wanna go to other planets, and click on them, nothing happens.

HOW CAN I GO ON OTHER PLANETS? :(

You have to press the button above the spaceship again, then select a new planet if there are any available. If its not there u need more fuel.

8 minutes ago, Nickyish said:

You have to press the button above the spaceship again, then select a new planet if there are any available. If its not there u need more fuel.

Yes, it worked. Thank you ^^

I have currently 4 platforms a vehicle bay, a printer, and research device and a trading shuttle from my original space shuttle. Is there any way to make more platforms because I need another rover but I lost my and my vehicle bay is currently being used. What I am really saying is how do I get more platforms.

How do I control the height new modules will extend to?  I keep extending my base but they seem to randomly go up or dig down when I build it. On Xbox one. 

How do I find back to base?

I was driving with my new rover for fun a little around my base and even far away I could see the sign of my base. But now it seems I am too far away (was falling accidently in a cave and digged out) and I can't figure out which way to go.

Any tips, except dying, as we don't have a map?