SES_Adam

How do I...?

5 hours ago, tole16v said:

Does anyone know what the crank is and what is it for?

Desktop 12.25.2016 - 12.40.02.03.png

5 hours ago, Vitamin C said:

What is the winch for? I am having trouble to find out how to use it. :P 

It's used to attach and drag things.

Click it's tip and attach it to something.

On 12/17/2016 at 6:58 AM, luca morelli said:

How do I use Research and other structures? I created them but when I click on them I obtain just an exclamation mark

The explanation mark means you didn't correctly click on the object, you missed. Try hovering your cursor over the object until you see the blue ring, then click

On 12/18/2016 at 10:58 AM, buzzard31581 said:

How do I launch a spaceship or shuttle on Xbox One? The button is there, I just have no way to click on it. The only way I've found to click on buttons on my base components so far is to open my backpack, which you can't do when in a seat or a pod.

Holding left trigger will enable you to use a cursor, which you can then use to press the launch button. Don't forget to countdown!

Edited by HammeredQuill54

On 12/16/2016 at 9:42 PM, Mentaltentacle said:

How do I find my base if I go off in my rover and lose sight of the bubble?

Having this problem at the moment, been 2 hours :(

8 hours ago, HammeredQuill54 said:

Can it be used to pull shuttles?

Yes, if enough torque is present you can drag any non-static object.

Just now, Berserkdu83 said:

Having this problem at the moment, been 2 hours :(

The easiest way is to kill your character and just respawn there. Once you went off too far, it can takes ages to find your base on coincidence.

On 12/18/2016 at 3:42 AM, Unbreakable_Havok said:

How do I use storage? From what I've heard it seems to be artifact related. Is that true?

Once you research it and have a vehicle bay or a printer...you can then craft the storage platform...its pretty cool...8 slots on a 2 slot holder....so you can technically put a solar panel and a storage panel on each of your buildings if you want....or your vehicle....

On 12/23/2016 at 9:17 PM, TheOrigin said:

And i guess you missed that part: " and a update pending? " ?! ;)

I am going to have to guess and say you have to wait for the update at least to finish....so wait for Steam to reconnect, update and then go....consider doing an offline game so that you are not stuck with this issue again perhaps? Cheers!

On 12/25/2016 at 0:13 AM, midramble said:

heynicebase.jpghow do I T off the building module like this guy did? I can T of the resin extenders, but once I extend they become a permanent 2 slot node and can't be transformed into a module like above. Anyone have an idea?

The vehicle bay above is the same as the small connector behind to the left & right....you drag it a little out...pay 1 resin and extend the connector out even further...then it gives you the option to place 2 resin on top of it and you turn it into whatever building you want next.....the connectors then have side connectors which as above you can use to create a building off to your left and right as well....and you can see there is a connection below as well...so it will eventually become a 4-way hub if you so choose and keep adding the resin and adding the connections.

On 12/18/2016 at 9:59 PM, Proxy said:

how do i Extend this Connector to make a New base on a Planet?

GIF of what i mean.

That is what I was using to fuel it....since it allows you to connect the hydrozine on those....have not fiddled with that craft much yet...just shot into space and landed again near my original base to see what it would do :P  still working with my cargo truck right now....hopefully to craft another one that will have the crane/drill something....to test those items next....   have you tried adding a habitat module to craft?  I would imagine if you detach that and took it out you would be able to do something....the craft should be temporary so I do not know about creating a base off it...

How do I create more than 5 structures at my base?  I only have printer, research, vehicle bay, fuel condenser, and smelter.  I'm pretty sure I researched a new structure earlier, so I'm confused.  =͟͟͞͞(꒪⌓꒪*)

IMG_1641.JPG

10 hours ago, AKBECK04 said:

How do I create more than 5 structures at my base?  I only have printer, research, vehicle bay, fuel condenser, and smelter.  I'm pretty sure I researched a new structure earlier, so I'm confused.  =͟͟͞͞(꒪⌓꒪*)

Alright so you know the small building platforms that you build before you upgrade them with two Resin into large ones? Well those can extend to make other small platforms as well.

2 minutes ago, Vitamin C said:

What is the drill head for? I was going to make them but i gotta know what it's used for :) 

The drill goes on the end of a Crane, when combined they can break apart terrain that you otherwise cannot break, such as the terrain that holds Titanium Ore. Basically when you need something bigger and stronger than your Terrain Tool, you bring in the drill :)

1 minute ago, Commander John said:

Alright so you know the small building platforms that you build before you upgrade them with two Resin into large ones? Well those can extend to make other small platforms as well.

The drill goes on the end of a Crane, when combined they can break apart terrain that you otherwise cannot break, such as the terrain that holds Titanium Ore. Basically when you need something bigger and stronger than your Terrain Tool, you bring in the drill :)

Thanks! :) 

On 12/17/2016 at 6:38 AM, GregBlast said:

How do I get coal ?

Either find it underground, or trade fuel for it with a trading station

On 12/27/2016 at 6:30 PM, Vitamin C said:

What is the drill head for? I was going to make them but i gotta know what it's used for :) 

you attach it to a crane connected to a vehicle, and use it for mining

How do I download Astroneer? I own a windows 10 computer, I do not own an x-box. I have an x-box account though. When I went to the x-box store, it said I met the criteria for downloading the game, but when I viewed the download procedure, it said this: "Install on your home X-box 1 console and a Windows 10 PC." I am okay with buying the game and x-box controller, but I fear that I will spend 20 dollars on this game, and It won't work on my computer. Is this game compatible with the computer if I lack an x-box? 

Thanks

On 12/23/2016 at 10:45 PM, Wyvyrias said:

Would you mind if I split your post into a new thread? That pretty much goes through as suggestion but doesn't really fit into this thread. :)

Go for it.  I just want to help.

On 27.12.2016 at 5:29 PM, AKBECK04 said:

IMG_1641.JPG

Instead of Instantly putting 2 more Resin on the Expanded Parts... you should do this:

MJVGY04.png

it also gives more Spots to Put Generators/Big Batteries on! :D

uhhhh, Guys. just had the Newest Update, found out you can get Coal via Research too.

like, What...

EDIT: it doesn't seem to be rare... kinda like Titanium and Lithium.

EDIT2: WHAT, as it seems you can get a Lot of Resources from Research... i won myself some Resin.

Edited by Proxy