8 minutes ago, just a space cat said:

thanks

Go In Arid U Will Get Everything that Is Important! ..Keep Loving Astroneer ?

Btw Feels Good My Topic Title "How Do I....?" Is Getting Big N Big ?

On 12/16/2016 at 1:42 PM, Mentaltentacle said:

How do I find my base if I go off in my rover and lose sight of the bubble?

The only way is to just keep looking I recommend placing down beacons so you don't get lost while exploring.

On 11/20/2018 at 6:08 PM, MightyDrosif said:

how do i pick up research? with the new update i can no longer pick up research 

You might not have mined it out fully, if there is still some terrain touching it then you won't be able to pick it up. 

How do I get the melting furnace? My Medium printer only comes as standard to create: the investigation station and the platform. has to unlock the oven in some way? Is it some error?

How do I launch a small shuttle? 

I’ve attached the solid fuel thruster and when I try to launch it says “need thruster” and won’t launch.  I turned on the fuel thruster and that only burned for a few seconds and then it turned into a used one for salvaging.  How the heck do I launch? 🙈 thank you!

On 12/16/2016 at 3:42 PM, Mentaltentacle said:

What works for me is to get to the top of a mountain and check my compass. That'll give you a general heading. If you still can see the beacon go your best idea as to where it is and try another mountain. 

On 2/8/2019 at 1:07 AM, Eric . said:

How do I launch a small shuttle? 

I’ve attached the solid fuel thruster and when I try to launch it says “need thruster” and won’t launch.  I turned on the fuel thruster and that only burned for a few seconds and then it turned into a used one for salvaging.  How the heck do I launch? 🙈 thank you!

Make sure the thruster is actually connected to the bottom slot.

On 12/17/2016 at 6:42 AM, Mentaltentacle said:

As answered before beacons is one option. But you can end up littering the planet with those if you like to go touring :P

The best option is to make a road (beacons or tethers) from your base to the North Pole (and/or South Pole).

This will mean you can always find the Pole by following the compass, then follow your road (beacons or tethers) back to your base.

9 hours ago, Dirtyshadow said:

As answered before beacons is one option. But you can end up littering the planet with those if you like to go touring :P

The best option is to make a road (beacons or tethers) from your base to the North Pole (and/or South Pole).

This will mean you can always find the Pole by following the compass, then follow your road (beacons or tethers) back to your base.

What's the 'compass' people keep talking about? I don't seem to have one.

6 minutes ago, terrycloth said:

What's the 'compass' people keep talking about? I don't seem to have one.

Mouseover your character and the compass will be projected on the ground. difficult to see on bright surfaces.