That would be glorious! ^_^

I have seen (videos) of people using high explosives, as you suggested, for various uses: hollowing out an underground base, advance mining, etc. 

There are a LOT of Astroneer videos on YouTube. Sometimes I can't decide if I like playing or watching better. Probably playing! :D

So i was wondering if my Winch can pull this big blue image.thumb.jpeg.6e685e5bcbae86fa26425e4d7b21765e.jpegpear i found

Yes, its a pear. dont argue

Also, can you build something on Barren that you can see on Terran?

like really big?

Edited by Wyvyrias
Merged posts

LOL You gots lots o' questions!

I have had mixed results with the Winch, but I haven't used it much recently, so I am sure they have changed it some. The Winch can pull a lot of things, but I have been surprised (in the past) at what it would not.

Seeing things from other planets: I'm not at all sure that they have implemented true visual representations of the physical items built after the planets were originally generated, but I wouldn't put it past them.  

Yeah, maybe if they make it so theres no build limit, then that will happen also

image.thumb.jpeg.e4f45862e2cb5d47f69a5b0274f916b5.jpegHow does the WInch work? im at the pear.

Nevermind. Figured it out

Aww! it cant pull it :(

How do I survive on Arid? Like, I landed, saw all those green and red spiky balls, and I was like 'im out of here' cuz if i got out I was probly gonna be insta killed by them... how do u build a base!?!?! like, build a wall around ur Habitat and make it bigger while u expand????

Edited by Wyvyrias
Merged posts

Spiky balls of death! Aiiieee! :o

Some planets are more of a challenge than others, that's for sure. I don't think I have ever established a base on an Arid planet. That would be an interesting challenge.

Astroneer is already so full and complex, and yet it is still at the very early stages of development-- the 0.4.x says that it is less than half way  to being feature-complete!

I can't wait to see where is it going!

I use a Habitat to travel in my spaceship and when I land I start a base by taking off the Habitat and then just make a 3D printer and print another one. I think that you can use your Exavaitor inside a Habitat, so i could probably take soil there and build a wall so I can get out.

For trade station - Coal, Lithium, and Titanium all have the same (and best) value in trade. Under them are Aluminum and Copper(smelted), and under those are Ammonium, Laterite, and Malachite. The least valued items are Compound, Resin, and Organic. If they are at the same value, you cannot trade one for one(for example, you cannot trade one Compound for one Resin, but you could get one Resin for one Compound and one Organic or two Compound.)

image.thumb.jpeg.492a7555b70fb81a21bcd742b1a46023.jpeg

What is this? a WIP item???

Is there a limit to how fast something can charge? like, if you had 10 solar panels, would it charge just as fast as 5 would charge it?

Edited by Wyvyrias
Merged posts

2 hours ago, DUBSTEP RA1D3R said:

Can a drill on a crane pipe soil into the tank/casing things?

If the canisters are on the same train as the crane itself, yes it will fill those.

Hello everyone. Sorry if this is a real dumb question, but is there an easy way to put your inventory into a med.storage block. 

44 minutes ago, Evillevi said:

Hello everyone. Sorry if this is a real dumb question, but is there an easy way to put your inventory into a med.storage block. 

Not yet.

Hello everyone. Is there any way to make my windmill work more efficient? I already placed two up on a "mountain" and digged a trench to bunch the wind but it nearly only works by night. Is there anything i can do? 

Thanks in advance

6 hours ago, Stocki said:

Hello everyone. Is there any way to make my windmill work more efficient? I already placed two up on a "mountain" and digged a trench to bunch the wind but it nearly only works by night. Is there anything i can do? 

Thanks in advance

Nope. Wind is kinda random. I heard placing it into the core of the planet always gives you wind, though.

On 12/18/2016 at 4:58 AM, Cycco said:

Hi everybody!

How I put to the ground the tether? I'm on XB1, and the system tells me to push the analog down, but nothing happened. Any help? Thanks.

Down arrow on the four way "cross" on the XB1 controller

On 11/17/2017 at 8:25 PM, Spaceboy316 said:

Yeah, maybe if they make it so theres no build limit, then that will happen also

image.thumb.jpeg.e4f45862e2cb5d47f69a5b0274f916b5.jpegHow does the WInch work? im at the pear.

Nevermind. Figured it out

Aww! it cant pull it :(

How do I survive on Arid? Like, I landed, saw all those green and red spiky balls, and I was like 'im out of here' cuz if i got out I was probly gonna be insta killed by them... how do u build a base!?!?! like, build a wall around ur Habitat and make it bigger while u expand????

Yup. Build a wall. I make them like cylinders (on their sides, like stripes of toothpaste) so that balls spin down and get caught instead of rolling over the walls. Make a bump-out near the breaches ("door") to help keep out the balls. Not too hard, but I honestly have not made an Arid base since the excavation update. Seems now you would have to bulldoze a mountain to get enough sediment canisters to build walls enough for a sizable base. Or... you could just play dodge ball. 

I have the oddest question, i dont even remember how i got it this way. Other than using dirt to flip this (which is not working :s) is there some sort of button i can press to flip this like a rover?

20180115140543_1.jpg