All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. thebloxxer11

EF Test Hotfix 1.1.3 - May 20th, 2019

No. Hotfixes don't usually contain content.
  3. The EFT Build has the next version, 1.1.3, inside there may be a patch. I am running a test of the build on my PC.
  4. Today
  5. nunya

Please do something about Sliding.

Before I go into any tunnel, if this is where you are having the most difficulty, I ALWAYS make my own ramp, ALWAYS. I actually like the slide option as is and have become used to it, making ramps from the surface to the core. I find it fun, first of all, and I also place turn outs in every cave system to access those areas. I've fallen numerous times, but that was before I started making my own ramps religiously.
  6. So we all use the standard forward/back to control the speed, however, I've found this to be a bit troublesome. I made a decent tunnel to a cave system, problem was that it was too steep to properly control, even the tractor. It picked up too much speed. While the slopes are great for long slides to the center of a planet or moon, they are nearly impossible for a vehicle descent without losing control. My thought would be to have a gear setting of sorts, maybe utilizing the +/- keys for instance. This way, I can put the tractor into what would be 1st or 2nd gear for a more controlled descent, or maybe using the number keys for whatever gear, while still having the option for standard W/S movement. This would also help greatly when using the vehicle to drill; giving more control. This would also need to affect any trailers so they don't get away from the drive vehicle.
  7. Robert Christensen

Save games still will not save anything new

I just posted a new thread about this same issue. Windows store version. 1.1.2. Working my way through Atrox and can't save progress any more. Seems to work if I create a new game so must be something corrupt with my main .sav file. Tried lots of different things, including going back to silva and hopping in the old space hut for an old fashioned save but still end up back at the same spot on Atrox no matter what.
  8. Robert Christensen

Game stopped saving

Hi, I am just two worlds away from unlocking all gates and am working on Atrox. I got 3 surface gates completed and all of the sudden my progress is no longer saving. I can activate the fourth gate, save and exit and all seems fine until I open that save file and find myself back before activating the fourth gate again. Any suggestions? b
  9. Weird Kid

Can't open my old world

so I follow the steps and first i tried it and not function, I restarted the pc and now we will see
  10. Astroneer Tips

trailer bed

Here's another idea: How about a more expensive version with Magnet bars so the metallic items won't get out.
  11. Weird Kid

Can't open my old world

I had tried and when it loads it freezes... so I, i have a windows, not sure if that is the case. do not have the code of beta for take dowm the branch
  12. Yesterday
  13. CopperyMarrow15

EF Test Hotfix 1.1.3 - May 20th, 2019

first hehehehehehehehe ... I am on console so I have no knowledge of the Steam secrets. Does this have the jetpack in it?
  14. Wyvyrias

How To Get Rich

This isn't how to get rich and it makes really no sense to begin with. You're looking for an entirely different game there.
  15. TexRex

Still having the same issue after a month and a half. Game acts like it is saving...from a shelter, vehicle, shuttle...but it doesn't. I beat the game. I just want to enjoy some time building and crafting. Thought the problem was fixed with the recent update but lost 2 hours of game play. I just wish someone would acknowledge the issue and that they are looking into it. Also, develop an option that doesn't require getting in a vehicle, shelter, or quitting the game to save. Can't stress enough how much I enjoyed (past tense) playing the game and did so for MANY hours.
  16. Version 1.1.3 is a hotfix for a freeze/hang that was happening for players on all platforms. It is currently on the Steam EFT branch, and once tested, will be pushed to all platforms. To opt in: (STEAM ONLY) Participating in an EFT test is at your own risk, and we recommend using alternate saves or making copies of your save before loading them up in the EFT. Thankfully, any progress made in the save will carry over to full release, but any saves created in the EFT will not work with previous versions of the game. If you like trying the latest patch early and aren't worried about losing progress this test is for you! Open Steam, right click on Astroneer in your library, and then click Properties. Navigate to the betas tab and in the dropdown, you should see the branch exo_flight_test. Click on it and press enter, and then Steam will be begin downloading the EFT version of the game. I would recommend backing up saves at this time. You can find saves here: C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local\Astro\Saved\SaveGames Use the same process to revert back to the previous version of Astroneer. Cheers! -jt
  17. Belfagor

Endgame Content ideas

I just completed another playtrough and I found myself again wanting for more, especially after i have built a few bases scattered across the solar system and stockpiled a lot of resources. Moreover, this time i really felt that the developers made an amazing job in characterizing the inner caverns in the depth of different planets, but unfortunately there is little to no motivation to explore them if not "as a tourist" as the game mechanics really do not give the player any inventive to venture so deep if not on the way to the core. My idea has a wide range of implications and touches quite some game mechanics, but let' start for the beginning, or better let's start from the end... of the current story. SPOILERS AHEAD, if you have not played the games up to the credits you'd better stop reading and get back to the game When you are finally able to activate the gateway portal on the satellite and "zap away", there is actually a "reaction from the universe" and some alien intelligence answers to your intrusion in the space/time continuum. A set of "alien eggs" teleport from outer space and crash land on each planet and moon in the system at different depths. Those eggs quickly start to "infect" the surrounding areas of each planet with their alien goo covering the terrain and resources around making them impervious to human tools (even with drill 3) and spreading nearby. The newly created astroneer's goal is now to clean up this mess in order to avoid that the entire system becomes an alien wasteland. The player needs to research and build new tools and technologies to achieve this new goal and more specifically: A "defense" monolith that once planted in each planet slows down significantly the growth of the alien infection on that planet a new mod for the terrain tool able to "clean" the infection A satellite surveillance system to help the player in finding and tracking the alien infection on the planet surface and, with the proper extensions on the ground, also to identify the alien infection in the subterranean caves mining structures and tools to allow the proper exploration and travel to and from the depths of the different planets I'd suggest that everything related to "fighting" the alien infection has to use astronium as a resource for building the tools and maybe also powering them (like the Hydrazine for the thrusters). More specifically the monolith and the mod. For instance the alien goo can be stored in shielded canisters but the canister explodes after a while unless the player processes the canister at a specific station using astronium as catalyst. Regarding the satellite surveillance system, the easiest way may be to have a station like the trade platform to send surveillance satellites into orbit: 2 may be enough for the moons surveillance while 4 to 6 are needed for the planets. The baseline function of the satellites would be to give the player HUD visibility of the placed beacons and an special monitoring station with an "orbital view" of the planet (the interface may simple be recreating the view the player has while orbiting the planet on a shuttle but with the ability to "move around". Adding the proper upgrade (also astronium based) the satellite system is able to identify and highlight (also on the player's HUD) the position on the alien infection on the surface. To make things even more challenging the basic satellite system is not able to "see" much in depth in the planet and thus the player has to provide additional "probes" to make it happen: I was thinking about a specific module to be installed in each gateway chamber on the planet's surface to leverage the existing alien infrastructure or, to make things a bit easier, maybe only a module in the plant core to give the satellites access to underground scanning capabilities. if you want to add a little lore, we may think that the ancient race that created the gateway system was in conflict with another alien race, responsible for the alien eggs and the related infection, and thus the player needs to leverage the first race technology to face the new challenge. The satellite system would also solve a long standing request from the player base to simplify the navigation across the planet's surface and even more in their depths: you just need to give the player a direction to follow to reach the desired location, may it be a placed beacon or an habitat or a vehicle (a labeling system for each of the above would be incredibly useful, like in other survival games in a aquatic environment, for instance ). With the increased utilization of astronium (so far pretty useless) and the need to venture in the depth of the planets to clear the alien infection, the current set way of exploring the depth and bring back resources and alien goo may be frustrating and boring, given the time need to get down there and back. Thus I'd suggest the introduction of new mining structures able to allow either an easier way to create tunnel and mine shafts (like a vehicle mounted terrain tool and and automatic tether placing tool) or, even better, a fast and convenient transport tool to travel to an from underground locations. Continuing on the same lore regarding the utilization of the alien technology, the play may be able to build a teleport stations of different sizes connected to the habitat (so to make it a bit more useful). The player experience should be as follows: The player upgrades the habitat in order to work as a teleport hub when he/she reaches the underground layer/position to start digging resources/cleaning alien infection, they place the other teleport station the player can now teleport back and forth between those two points, provided that they are powered the teleport station can have 3 different modules: personal transportation (the player alone carrying with him/her only the current inventory), resource transfer (a large attachment slot to place a large storage to be sent to the other end), a vehicle portal (the player can enter in it driving a vehicle and it appears on the other side, like an inter-dimensional garage) Thanks to everyone who had the patience to read all the way to the end of my wall of text: I hope it has some good ideas for Astroneer 2.0
  18. The Touch of Grey Gamer

Astronium

+1
  19. yuno44907b

How To Get Rich

And balance stun system.
  20. yuno44907b

How To Get Rich

Astroneer is nearly over. You need to code server and multiplayer stuff. You may sell servers and open premium servers. I always wanted planet to change by time while you didnt load it. We can consume and destroy a planet but does it grow back like a tree, slowly? Also will resources grow back? Will npcs spawn and drop resources when killed? Will we build War Planes that launch missiles? Can we use weapons as mining tool? Or does weapons deal no damage to terrain? Can we build unbreakable walls that can only destroyed by weapons if you try too hard? Also building tools or video game simulations for board games is a job too. You could make a turn based battle royale survival moba mmoRPG roguelike trading card game with living economy and marketplace trade also with mana and rage system.
  21. mystikro

Can't open my old world

It is fixed. I managed to play for hours. It works fine, but please note that I did get one crash, so remember to save often.
  22. RealLast1

Astronium

Dunno TTOGG, I have to agree Astronium is pretty useless, especially when you have no use for bytes anymore, I think maybe it should be used as a fuel source for generators and for hydrazine thrusters, 1 astronium would be able to be used as 1 or 2 hydrazine for thrusters maybe and for generators it would last only a little bit but make everything you run go max speed with the two exceptions of Research Chamber and the trade platform, also make the printers print about 50 - 100% faster than maximum when using astronium on generators, mainly large printer as it is slow af, especially since it requires 4 materials and is relatively expensive compared to medium, small, and backpack. if it is more expensive, I feel that, the "price" should be a trade off for speed. The more expensive, the faster it goes...
  23. Andrew Martz

I am also experiencing this issue on Windows. I've got a pretty extensively played save file. I'm wondering if there is an issue with save file sizes once they get too big. Going in and out of a shuttle or a seat of a vehicle shows the saving icon but the next time I log in to play I'm always back at the same point. Kind of a groundhog day experience. Using the save and quit option doesn't seem to solve the issue either.
  24. Wary Explorer

Splitters

We have asked for that in the past so many times. I feel like our mining tool now has a bit of that. Hovering over a spot that you are currently digging now gives the symbol of that resource. Even if we had a wider area with a direction indicator...of course that would leave out the splitter getting some usefulness. But it is frustrating when you are looking for a resource early game...and knowing you are walking over it a hundred times trying to find a visible vein somewhere else.
  25. Mio

Update 1.1.2 - May 10, 2019

I am sure they working, hopefully on dedicated server we really want to be able finally play together cos game is one of the outstanding. atm I am using "-nosound" cmd line key, but it is like half game, I am used to rely on sounds of the game alot
  26. The Touch of Grey Gamer

How to find old-timer Astroneers.

Did you see that soon we will be able to (with a vehicle) lay roads? The mechanism to dig soil or lay roads appears to still be that absolutely terrible red-line gauge thingy we have now however we will soon have the ability to place roads which could help greatly in cave base creation.
  27. The Touch of Grey Gamer

Splitters

Thanks for all your responses @Wary Explorer! I do exactly what you do with extenders when my game first begins. Then after a few hours of play I usually have more than enough power that it does not matter about sunlight/shadows/shade etc. It is a shame about splitters. I wish they had a function. Heck, I wish we had more pieces of equipment to use anyway. Could a splitter be used this way: Place splitter Open interactive splitter screen A list of every resource appears Click on the resource you want to "ping" Click the button and a scanning lights comes out in all direction looking for that particular resource If it finds a deposit it 'signals' the Astroneer what direction it is in and its depth? Splitters are portable so we could carry them and drop them anywhere to ping for resources
  28. The Touch of Grey Gamer

Astronium

This entire thing puzzles me. It took SES so much time to construct/design/WAD etc. is that it for the three purple things? I see nothing on the roadmap that states anything about them. Are they just a one and done thing? I was hoping that the purple things would be a catalyst list for expansion but it appears not to be the case. I've done all I can do with them. I wish there was more to do, or more planned or they provided something beyond a task. But hey, maybe that is all there were designed to be and nothing more?
  1. Load more activity