All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Tito Cortes

Save games still will not save anything new

RIP to a new save after many hours, again! New update still same problem. More info regarding it: Planet Glacio 7 RTGs 2 Med batterys 2 large rovers 5 large storage 11 med Storaged 1 seat 1 lvl 3 drill Changed outfits then saved Charcter model was unable to move so a saved to nearby seat then continued to save and quit to main menu ∞ lost hope to ever finishing *rover example attached
  3. Astroneer Tips

A man-less shuttle is permanently flying around Silva

I was able to capture a video first showing the large ramp passing me by while I'm in orbit, then soon after, the man-less Large Shuttle. I guess it's flying in the opposite direction. passingbyshuttle.mp4
  4. Blind Io

Utube

Yo, to, e, yo, yo. You missed those too.
  5. REAPERx9xMike 2

Utube

I have a question: When is there going 2 B a new Utube video from U guys? I miss those....
  6. Yesterday
  7. GeneralMayonaise

What Gaming News Outlets Don't Know About Astroneer

I was thinking the same thing. There's almost no way the game can get the reviews it does if there is money being exchanged. Unless on the very far off chance there was a bug free version that was released to YouTubers and reviewers. I'm really not trying to sound like it's a conspiracy, because I don't think it is. I do think you may have hit the nail on the head though @The Touch of Grey Gamer. I appreciate your opinion and taking the time to post.
  8. The Touch of Grey Gamer

I'm not 100% sure that game company marketing teams are not writing these *articles* I watched a video interview with Joe and the interviewer was woefully uninformed. He then went to the next booth and asked the same exact same questions of that game! 🚬 They do no homework. They don't read a single post. They apparently just take the company's line as truth. I think they (the gaming industry and *game reporting*) are often one in the same. Follow the money there be money swapping hands between the two that's fer sure!
  9. The Touch of Grey Gamer

Splitters

Is there anything that can easily be changed with splitters that would make them useful? Could they be easily transformed into auto-miners? I would love to use them and wish so badly that we had more equipment to use. Is there anything that can be done to make them worth even bothering to research let alone build and use?
  10. The Touch of Grey Gamer

Astronium

Since there has never been nor (sadly) is there currently any use for Astronium, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what Astronium could be used/good for? My thought is that since it is always found deep underground and thus being more difficult to mine/retrieve that it could be a substitute for any other resource. It could be used in place of; scrap, all resources, all refined resources, all gases etc. What would you like to see Astronium used for?
  11. The Touch of Grey Gamer

Extra Large Shredder

Yeah but wasn't that what the beta testing was for? To find issues? So either the testers did not find it or SES found it to be a non-issue? Or SES found it to be an issue and stated they would address it however, ya know, never here? Or SES determined it was not an issue and posted somewhere (other than here) that they were not going to fix it? We here, may never know! 😍🤠👽🗣️👅🏔️
  12. El_Prezi_Corrupto

Can't open my old world

Hi, so my old world freezes, like when I press load it immidiately freeze but the sound of the main menu continues, I decided to star a new world, just to see if there is an incovinient with my game, but it starts great, but the old one freezes the game, I cannot even ALT+F4, it won't let me. I don't want to loose the world, I had at least one base for each planet, 24 rtgs and a lot of trucks and resources. Pls some help here, what should i do.
  13. TheWhitestOfFangs

Show current latitude and longitude in compass.

Sounds right. Overall, it will also reduce the use of beacons and other things which are put just for the sake of orientation. The less stuff thrown around the map - the better.
  14. GeneralMayonaise

I appreciate your comment and opinion, you could be right. It's an idea I had last night and figured it would be good to get the community's opinion.
  15. diseasedmeat

no i think that would go to far in my choice, as much as i want things to change it is still my choice to come here still with knowning they dont read here, cuz i have some hope, it is also my choice to keep playing the game with its flaws, if they choice to lie or misslead that would be on them, not my concern or issue. i do agree with you on your other idea on emailing ses and brining some attention that way, but in my mind i think going outside to gaming outlets is just too much. just my two cents
  16. TheWhitestOfFangs

Printable Elevator!!!🤯

Good idea! Also, it makes sense that energy requirement will be proportional to planet's gravity, as the work is done against potential force due to gravity.
  17. I have spent some time looking at news and review articles for Astroneer. After searching a number of articles, I have found one that has any mention of issues the game has and those mentioned are minimal at best. The second I found is about concerning EULA contents. The third is an interview where co-founder Brendan Wilson talks about the game and communication with the community. It would seem that no one outside of the forum has any idea what is truly going on with the game. I know that there are some players who do not experience the same issues as myself and others. The fact is, if you choose to read the articles below, most articles I have read say the game is in near-perfect working order. There are no consistent CTD problems. The game does not more often than not freeze the entire system, requiring a hard reset. SES is in regular communication with the community and works with said community to patch and fix issues. I beg to differ. My proposal is this: I would like to try to contact one the many gaming news outlets and give them the true story on what the game is really like (for some of us). I am hoping that this may give SES the incentive to live up to what they have said in interviews, as well as what they have said in the forums. If any like-minded forum members would like to contribute to this, you are more than welcome. Listed below are the articles I mentioned above. Astroneer Review: Enjoyable Gameplay Marred By Techincal Issues Astroneer Answers Questions About EULA To Steal User Data Gamasutra - What Astroneer's devs learned while leaving Early Access
  18. I salute you, sir. If you would like I can post the full ini file so you can see if the changes appeared on mine. I don't believe it was naive at all, at least you're investigating possibilities. If this is at least part of the crashing issue, that's just bad coding on SES's end. I'll bet you if SES gave the source code to a group of community members (like that would happen) who have experience in coding, a fix could be possible. Code may not be the whole problem but it's definitely a good place to start.
  19. Harris Octavius`

Extra Large Shredder Bug

I'm not entirely sure if this is a design flaw or intentional, but I can't seem to put large sized platforms into the extra large shredder. It strikes me as odd, since I can put large items, e.g. my old large shredder in, but not the platform that it used to be on. Mind I did try inserting them separately.
  20. Exploration of Atrox. Instead of being able to drive around the planet make the air toxic. Create a tether/ air filter that will clean the air for a short distance. Make it use a small amount of power so you really have to have your base building and power creation skills down to survive there. These air filters do not "create" oxygen. they can carry air but the use power to filter out any bio-hazards at the same time. Essentially tethers' plus. Also they should have to be created by a small printer so you have to plan ahead better when exploring. the only difference in planets so far is aesthetic. THIS GAME IS AMAZING!!!
  21. rhinorover

Jetpack Dynamic

To "System Era" I just read you are implementing jet packs. Here's my thoughts on the dynamics. This should be a combination of two elements, a thruster engine (a vertical only "Jumper") and an oxygen based control thruster (directional). The Oxygen based thruster would provide the ability to hover and a directionally controlled fall. This should just be a nozzle add-on, but would consume oxygen at a rate not advisable without tanks. This could be available early on in the game. The "Verical Jump Engine" would provide brief vertical lift in two versions. The early version would have a set number of charges with only a digital control (On/OFF). Say 5 or 10 bursts that will only take you so far, depending on gravity. The later version would have an analog control (speed controlled assent) that would deplete like an oxygen tank and would have a time limit for temperature reasons. Maybe even exploding if it gets too hot. Little animated dangers like this make it more fun. How far can you push it may depend on the planet's ambient temperature. The later version would also save on oxygen because you could use it to control descent , although not directionally. Thank you for your time
  22. Summary: 1.1.2.0 - Steam - Can't print Medium Platform B when Small Printer is on a platform Description: The last update changed the orientation that platforms are printed at (Longways away from the printer). The offset the Medium Platform B uses to set itself away from the edge of a platform is not large enough and you can NOT print a Medium Platform B when the small printer is on a platform itself (for most orientations)... the silhouette shows a collision. Workaround: The small printer must be placed on the ground in order to not have a collision. Platform: Steam (and likely XBox One & Windows 10 Store) Version / Build Number: 1.1.2.0 Specifications: OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 | v. 1803 | Build 17134.765 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X 3.90 GHz GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 O8GB RAM: Team T-Force DARK 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000) Drive: Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVMe - M.2
  23. Bushmills

Loading things into the new Extra large shredder

What is the biggest object you managed to get into that Extra large Shredder? I wanted to get rid of my medium shuttle and it wouldn't fit in... had to dynamite it.
  24. BronzeDragonx

Items and Rovers falling through surface

I have the same issue. I've lost 2 complete trains, one loaded with resources, right through the ground. I'm going to try leaving my vehicle far away and tethering over to dig.
  25. I attached as zip, maybe the site did not like the ini extension. I analysed the file, I could not find any specific difference, at least not all the information that was in it was pasted here. Anyways, full disclosure, on what I was testing. What I noticed is the following. When using the initial file, and only modifying the resolution, the file maintained integrity during gameplay. If, however, I would edit the fullscreen setting, some discrepancies would appear in the content of the file. More precisely, the controls would become scrambled on occasion. Certain key mappings would now be displayed on different rows. But it would always happen after switching the windowed mode to fullscreen. Reverting back to windowed afterwards would not bring the file back to the initial form so it remained "altered". My suspicion was that the freeze would be caused by the "corruption" of the config file. I thought that the game is looking for the controls in a specific order and somehow this "corruption" of the ini file causes the game to break. The file on the left is the original. The one on the right is the one where I enabled fullscreen. If it was naive of me to search for this, I don't know. But I have established a weird (at least empirical) connection between the windowed fullscreen and fullscreen modes. Using the game in windowed mode I got way longer play times than usual. I've seen game crashing from less than this, so I wanted to investigate if the ini file has a role to play into it. On my system, it does, but that could be just circumstantial. I would like the opinion of a dev it it is normal for the ini file to become rearranged when changing just one setting and if this has indeed any potential to cause issues with the game. But I don't hope to receive such an answer. And I won't be going back to discord to ask any dev anyways since the communication is too deficient for my taste. Thanks for your effort and time. GameUserSettings.zip
  26. Muhammad Wildan Nurrochman

[1.1.2.0] [PC] - Game freezes when printing research chamber.

Yep, it appears to be random. I started freezing again after the close to suffocating sound started playing. Now my progresses are gone.
  1. Load more activity